Forums

Scotty Futura X

•  

You can get extra heavy weights up to 30 grams each....plus if you really need it loaded up with weight (like a former top ten PGA pro Chris Perry whom is also a Scotty fan) as Chris said you can always go for the big weights which are available but you have to ask...JAT

•  

The OTR Cameron Putters are just a starting point, if you like the look, you can customize ANY authentic Scotty Cameron putter by sending it easily to the custom shop for a small fee and they will customize its length, lie, loft, weights, head coversl, etc...etc...etc....send me a private message if you need more info... JAT

• 5454 points

The aesthetics of a putter and of any club for that matter are a personal intangible that can materially affect your ability to stroke a putt and hit a ball. The wide array of offerings of head shapes, weights, and shaft flexes and set ups reflect this essential fact,. I have always gravitated to minimalist designs and clean lines notwithstanding the game improvement features of many club designs. 

As you say Chuck, it is all about choices..

• 6 points

Tried out the futura x for a couple 9 hole rounds. With the weighting it really helps keep the putter on path and keeps the face square at impact

• 1680 points

Too light? Really? What did you think of the regular Kombi? I think this one is a heavier and odder shaped Kombi.

•  

Putted with Futura X at TPC Sawgrass yesterday almost too well, the shape and feel continue to be above my expectations.  If you liked the Kombi or Futura models then chances are you will love the new Futura X....IMHO

•  

Chris92009
    You can get extra heavy weights up to 30 grams each....plus if you really need it loaded up with weight (like a former top ten PGA pro Chris Perry whom is also a Scotty fan) as Chris said you can always go for the big weights which are available but you have to ask...JAT

Am aware of the weight changes.....I change the  weights on my current Scotty depending on the type of greens and speed when I play in tournaments........do the same with with my Titleist driver/fairway/hybrids.....like to play around with the flight.....the Newport style head sets up well for me in any brand around 340 to 350 grams and that equates to 10 t 15 grams of weight in the Scottys.....my Scotty has been customized to a lie that is perfect for me.....this head is just to busy looking and distracting.....when I am in the 25-32 putts per round, no need to change.....cz : )  

• 5736 points

I stopped by the PGA SuperStore over lunch. I hit the Futura X for about an hour. It felt heavy and looked busy. I struggeled to line it up and get the speed right. I am sticking with my Newport 2 for now.

•  

Mark makes sense...it is designed IMHO for the players that loved the Futura and Kombi (which is why most people playing a Newport may not prefer the look)....hence the new name.  That being said the weight distribution is incredible and smooth thus for a SBST stroke it is perfect.  I think at the FJAI I was lucky and made a lot of putts with my Futura X...the weekend after I was in Orlando for a corporate tournament and almost won $5,000 with it! (missed the 50 foot double breaking putt on the final leg, Oh well!).

•  

One more note, In August Scotty said next spring the center shaft model for the OTR will be relased.  I have been using this one and like almost more than the current OTR shaft!  Keep your eyes posted...may be worth a second look!