Forums

Scotty Futura X

• 5235 points

Has anyone played a few rounds of golf with this new model?

I like what I am hearing about this face balanced design.

•  

Not I....I have two Scottys.....one for fast greens and one for moderate greens......that is enough for my pocketbook....what have you heard??????  Curious minds want to know.......  cz : )

• 2756 points

I played 9 with one that was in the shop at my club.  Incredibly stable, maybe more-so than my GoLo 5, and the feel was surprisingly great.  Head shape takes a little getting used to but it is a great stick.

•  

I just picked two versions (and played around with another third)...one is center shaft, one is traditional double bend shaft and the last is a knucklehead version (plumbers).  I like all three...albeit the straight in is one of the best I have ever felt.  Needless to say I have had some incredible putting success with this model lately and plan on keeping !

• 5235 points

Correction

Force Balanced design.

I really like my Newport 2 but ... If I can improve my putting a bit

•  

Currently playing with a Newport 2 Notchback Select and really like the setup and feel with the Scotty (Winn Midsize Red Grip).....the Futura just seems a little busy when I look down.....it is something that I would really have to get used to.....who knows....maybe I will give it a try.....I always used a Newport 2 style with a plumber neck sytle shaft scotty (in Ping and Oddessy prior to changing over)....and was very effective......liked the milled face on the new SC.....making around four birdies a round with current SC.....and not missing cup by much.....just had to make minor adjustment in set up.....remember it not alway the arrow, but the indian.....ha..ha...cz : )

•  

Can't do it, gotta stick with my beached 009!

• 886 points

It doesn't suit my eye, but as has been said, it is very stable.  Standing over anything 5' in seemed automatic and usually was.  The feel didn't horribly impress me....felt a little dead to me.  I like a little hotter feel.

•  

The Futura X is a face balanced design...

•  

What the heck, maybe I will go by ProGolf and try one.....my buddy who works there said they have them in and they are sweet.....it doesn't hurt to try it.....does not mean I have to buy it.....RIGHT......CZ  : )  

• 1680 points

Rolled a few at the PGA Tour SS and this putter felt like I had to put on half the stroke I would normally need with my newport or golo.... I may have to give it a try

• 819 points

I rolled a few puts with it at Golf Galaxy this weekend.  I think it was nice, just not for me.  Seemed to really get the ball moving which would take some getting used to.  It is like Adam mentioned you only need about half the stroke of most other putters.  I would like to roll some more puts with it though because the ball did feel like it came of the face really well.

•  

With half the stroke he is putting on greens that are a lot faster than most of us are used to putting on.......again, maybe I drop my today and check it out on the artifical turf and see for myself.......that head just look wierd......cz  : )

•  

I will have one of my Futura X's at the TPC Sawgrass event tommorrow...if you wish to try it just ask! Smoooooooth!

•  

Weeeeeeeeell, I tried one this afternoon.....really looks wierd.....my main complaint is that it is too light......putted a few balls and had to get used to the design.....made a few putts, but just too light for me.....used a 35" with 10gm on front and 15gm on back.....I personal scotty is 35" with 35gm and I do prefer a heavier putter.....do not have to make as much of an effort and my hands  maintain a softer grip......just saved myself $349.00 plus new grip......had to demo it.......the salesperson even complimented me on my putting stroke and setup......said she did not care much for it either....did not like the head.....but it all about choices.....cz  : )