Forums

My Road to TPC Sawgrass, a moderately adventurous tale.

•  

Paul G
    Fred we missed you there... Hope all is well at Mansfield

We're doing great. It could only be better if you ever come back to play golf with us.

•  

golferdrmjr
    Thanks for posting the pictures Ted. And thank y'all for the Texas hospitality! I'm not sure I can say it enough, but these guys are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Ted made the special effort to get us all together. Freddy drove over 200 miles to play! And Doug put the top down on his chic magnet BMW. Susan thought his car was cute and he popped the trunk to show her quite a few boxes of FootJoys. We had a great time there and thanks to Ted & Doug for treating us to lunch.

Don and Susan - we are so glad you got to come to Texas and anxiously await yuor next trip. You are THE Road Trip Kings.

•  

I would Bruce but can't risk blinding the wait staff. LOL

•  

Great travels Don...pleasure to meet both you and your wife...really glad you all of your travelling went well...hope to see you soon...don't forget when passing through Michigan again...

•  

Don, It's like enjoying the ride along with you and Susan....Road Trip Wiggle Room makes for an even better adventure !  

•  

Thanks Mondo, it was great meeting you and all the others as well. I will look forward to the day we get to play a round together.

We're on the home stretch, 250 miles till we pull into the driveway!

•  

Het Fred - what's that print on your dryjoys on the previous page ... blue stingray ?

•  

While this part does not have have anything to do with getting to Sawgrass, it does tie up the end of the trip. After a night in Albuquerque, it was on to Sedona AZ:

Our good friends Lee & Nancy moved to Sedona two years ago and after visiting them last year on our way to Michigan, we had to stop again this trip and say hi:

This is the view from their back window, pretty spectacular!

A couple of views from their back deck:

On Thursday we all visited a small mining town called Jerome. In the late 1800's copper was found in this area, and by 1938 millions of pounds of copper had been mined and smelted here. By 1953 Jerome was a nearly a ghost town, but a small number of hippies and artists moved there to save the town. Now it's an historic area and part state park:

Very interesting town, high on the side of the mountain, about 5,000 feet. Definitely worth the trip, make sure you go to the Douglas House for the history of the town. After a seemingly, way too short 45 hours, we were back on the road to home. Mileage as we left Sedona:

Back into California:

And finally back home at 8:30 pm Friday, Sept. 13, 2013:

A long and winding road that was well worth the effort. I want to thank my wife Susan for all the work she did with taking care of pictures and support along the way! What a trouper! Thanks for following along everyone, cheers!

•  

wow!  what a trip.  thanks for documenting and sharing with us.

•  

Thanks Don (and Susan) for the thread and pics.

A lot of fun viewing your travels and adventures.

•  

Terrific road trip summary, Don.  Truly enjoyed having you guys drop by twice for visits and golf.  Looks like one of these days I'll have to work in a SoCal visit.  5300 miles. Fantastic.

•  

CROCMAN:  You commented on those shoes in the 2012 New Shoes Rule thread (http://www.footjoy.com/community/discussions/f/5/p/7419/3538090.aspx#3538090).  They are blue stingray.

• 5336 points

Don and Susan, Thanks you so very much for sharing your adventure with all of us in the foot Joy community. YOu guys documented a grand experience and I had a wonderful time traveling along with you through the entirety of your trip! I am sure it is nice to get home once again, but if and when you hit the road once again, be sure to think about taking us all along with you!

THANKS!

•  

pulplvr
    CROCMAN:  You commented on those shoes in the 2012 New Shoes Rule thread (www.footjoy.com/.../3538090.aspx).  They are blue stingray.

Very nice (twice!!!)