Forums

My Road to TPC Sawgrass, a moderately adventurous tale.

• 5378 points

And clearly, FJ driving shoes are something that should be in the works!

• 4511 points

Awesome awesome trip photos and recap!  Thank you sir :)

•  

@mark.  My wife's taste in music is 180 degrees from mine, so we listen to a bit of each kind. She likes groups like Simon and Garfunkel and groups from the sixties and seventies, and I like more hard rock like Led Zeplin. We each have groups the other can't stand, so we try to avod those.  I did have to endure Barry Manilow the other day though.

•  

Don, I love the pictures and the updates.  I've driven most of those roads myself (except from I-10 through San Antonio and Houston). I usually take the split on I-20 that takes me to Dallas.  Travel safe and see you on Wed morning.

•  

golferdrmjr
    @mark.  My wife's taste in music is 180 degrees from mine, so we listen to a bit of each kind. She likes groups like Simon and Garfunkel and groups from the sixties and seventies, and I like more hard rock like Led Zeplin. We each have groups the other can't stand, so we try to avod those.  I did have to endure Barry Manilow the other day though.

Oh Mandy

•  

Sail away, Holley…….

•  

O.K. here's what is going on today. Driving the 10 on the panhandle of Florida looks like this most of the way:

The road with trees on both sides as far as you can see. Six hours later, downtown Jacksonville on my left:

And then we're there! Me at the check-in desk, wearing the yellow Lisle I won in a sweepstakes that started my involvement with the Community:

A view of the lounge area from the lobby:

The warhorse Impala before being whisked by Ryan the valet:

View from the balcony:

And the final mileage report, a little extra in Houston for golf with Ted, well worth it:

All fun and golf from here! Still hard to believe! :-)

•  

Great pics Don, loved the thread and all your adventures.

Don't forget to hook us up for the return trip.

Hope you have a great time at Sawgrass, looks great, play well.

•  

Cheers

• 5378 points

Great recounting of your road trip Don. Love the Chevy war horse a very dependable steed and proof positive that Detroit iron is back! Will your 2512+ mile voyage count as the longest trip to J-ville for this epic event? Clearly, the longest drive I would think...Your fellow FJA attendees should note this dedication - We tip a glass in Mrs. Don and your honor   from afar!!

• 3134 points

Loved all the pics and the stories along with it . Guess the Impala is a dependable care huh ?  Be safe, play well and take more pics at Saw Grass so the rest of jealous community members can see what fun you all had . Thanks again for the pics !!

• 1556 points

Have a safe trip.  I am glad to hear the trip has gone well so far.  The weather is *** but beautiful today in Ponte Vedra.

•  

FANTASTIC pictures and play by play.....glad you had an enjoyable and most of all a safe trip....now go enjoy yourself....fairways and greens and maybe even a birdie or two......cheers....cz  : )

• 226 points

It is a special experience for sure.  I was very fortunate to play it last week and the course was in fantastic condition

•  

Great thread.  Love the pics.  Have fun!