Forums

My Road to TPC Sawgrass, a moderately adventurous tale.

•  

Looks like your getting the most out of your travels. Be safe and see you Wed.

•  

Great trip there Don.  Enjoy your travels with the mrs and at the gathering with the FJA's.

TT

•  

San Antonio is one of favorite cities, love the river walk at night. Be safe Don, I'll see you Wed.

•  

Well, I saw Don and Susan off about noon today, following a round of golf with a couple of my buddies at WindRose GC here in Spring, TX.  They took some pictures which they will post later today.  Golf wasn't bad, considering we were unable to hit any range balls prior to teeing off--just too dark to even see the ball on the range mats.  Looking forward to seeing them on the way back through next week.

•  

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, very kind of y'all. The Texan is rubbing off on me Doug. :-) If you ever get a chance to play golf with Ted, jump at the opportunity. A nicer gentleman you'll never meet. We both enjoyed his company and Susan wanted to make sure I mentioned how much she enjoyed talking with him. When I grow up I hope to be the golfer Ted is. Three days on the road had my long game disappear till the back nine. Thank goodness for a short game. I will look forward to playing again on the way back.

PS I forgot to mention that we got a special tour of the Alamo basement!  :-)

•  

It's good to see you two got to play today and hopefully, we can join you next Monday.

•  

Great trip, Have fun at Sawgrass :)

•  

Love the picture of the Alamo....brought back memories of when I was there in November 1965......Lackland AFB........received my draft notice while I was there doing my basic training in the Air Force...obviously I did not get drafted.......what a hoot......you all are having too much fun.....I'm jealous.......San Antonio is one of my wife's favorite cities.......I have not been back since 1965......thanks for the memory......   cz  : )

•  

Be safe Don..looks like a great adventure...

By the way...did you visit the basement at the Alamo??  

•  

Mondo

Be safe Don..looks like a great adventure...

By the way...did you visit the basement at the Alamo??  

We got a special tour, the bicycle exhibit was sweet! :-) 

• 4178 points

What a great trip. I love the quiet time in the car. Driving makes you realize how vast the U.S. really is. What kind of music are you listening to?

•  

I love your photo essay Don. Well done sir. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

My trip won't include such interesting things. Merely two flights; South Bend-Atlanta-Jacksonville and all the fun things you experience in the airport.....

•  

Early morning tee time with Ted, zero dark thirty, first off. It was dark! Very much enjoyed playing golf with Ted, he's a good player. After round photos:

A little lunch and enjoyable conversation, and then it was time to say goodbyes until next week on the return trip. Back in the saddle:

Good place for a light post! No time for sight seeing now, got to make some tracks. Miles of elevated highway over the bayou was interesting. Not long till the next state:

Hard to get a good shot sometimes. And the bridge over the Mississippi:

The world was not really tilting, just bad camera work. :-)  The miles piled on and it got dark out, could not get good photos of the Alabama or Florida hello signs. Spent the night in Pensacola FL, long day on the road:

Just a ways to go on the Florida panhandle and we will be in Jacksonville! Yea!

•  

Wow! What an adventure...a movie in the works possibly? LOL

• 4638 points

Fantastic update!  But I would think even the plush seats of the Impala are getting a bit tiresome..love your bridge shot Don. Reminds me of my time working for a Memphis-based company and blasting across the river to Arkansas for various nefarious outings! Love the Panhandle - prime beachfront!!