Forums

Superstitions in golf

•  

How many of us have this phobia??

The Pros seem to have them and do we??

Mine is wearing the same shirt when playing in a local for fun tourament. What is yours and does it make any difference to you??

•  

None for me. 

•  

Divot tool in the left pocket, 3 tees in the right. Not too crazy but for some reason it is the way i do it everytime i play.

•  

I used to get worried about the numbers on the golf balls IE; 3 causes 3 putts. But now I just take the sharpie out and mark it out in a circular motion then put 2 more small circles at 10:00 and at 2:00 o'clock and then I have the outline of my childhood hero Mickey Mouse (actually I liked Pluto better but I can't draw a dog).

•  

I do have some favorite shirts/colors for tournament rounds. 

•  

I find that if I have a good round during a tournament I will wear the same shoes worn during that round the next day as well.

Also, I put my divot repair tool and 3 (only 3) tees in the same pocket along with a randomly selected coin for a ball marker.

•  

I am afraid of holes-in-one so I never get them...

•  

For tournaments I always use a Greenbrier ball marker, thats about it

• 5856 points

I don't have any superstitions, but I do have habits. I carry a liberty dime to mark my ball, and a Scotty divot tool.

•  

I guess routines/habits end up being superstitions or explanations as to why things went or didn't go my way.

• 4586 points

Since Mark resurrected this, I have no superstitions but like him I do have habits (which on occasion get forgotten and it's no big deal).

Things like divot tool / marker in the same pocket.  My glove when off goes in the same place, etc.

•  

No superstitions, just routines and habits.......guess that is call being organized......is that a superstition?

•  

Ummm good question, I guess I really don't have any. Whenever I am playing with my buddies we always throw a tee to see who tees off first second third fourth, but that's all I can think of.

•  

No superstitions for me.  I do a lot of the same things (same amount of tees in my pocket, same snacks in my bag) but that's just because it works for me, really no other reason.

•  

MarkWDallasTx

I don't have any superstitions, but I do have habits. I carry a liberty dime to mark my ball, and a Scotty divot tool.

Mark, you must be really bored today. :-)