Forums

Masters Tickets

• 5177 points

I have a great friend who has attended the practice rounds close to a dozen times although only once as a lottery selected ticket winner. He simply goes to Augusta on Monday and finds tickets via scalpers in strategic locales around town. He's never had a problem buying tickets in this manner and rarely has paid more than face value...It can be done!

•  

Thanks everyone for the congrats, I am beyond excited for the chance to go. It is only for the practice round on Monday but regardless it will be a joy to set foot on the grounds.

•  

Whaql1
    Thanks everyone for the congrats, I am beyond excited for the chance to go. It is only for the practice round on Monday but regardless it will be a joy to set foot on the grounds.

that's when i went and it works out great.  you have the whole weekend to get there and hang out and can leave monday night or tuesday to start heading home, so work isn't as big of an issue.  plus pretty much all of the players will be there by monday anyway.  

•  

That's awesome!  I always enter and I haven't won yet.

•  

tdogg21
    Whaql1Thanks everyone for the congrats, I am beyond excited for the chance to go. It is only for the practice round on Monday but regardless it will be a joy to set foot on the grounds.

that's when i went and it works out great.  you have the whole weekend to get there and hang out and can leave monday night or tuesday to start heading home, so work isn't as big of an issue.  plus pretty much all of the players will be there by monday anyway.

Tim,

How busy was it at the course? Spectator wise.

• 5177 points

When I attended, the only time the course wasn't busy was Wednesday afternoon when most folks go over to the par 3 course to watch the par 3 tourney. That said, I never found it a  problem to find a seat in a popular spot such as the bleachers at 16 where you can watch the tee shots. I  followed a couple of popular groups for a bit and those pairings can pull in big crowds - Tiger, Phil, etc..But I also followed US Open champ Retief Goosen with no crowd at all..Concessions always ran smoothly despite the fact that there are a lot of people on the grounds.

You'll love the place. As an Northeastern resident, I looked at the hills and slope of the course and thought, "What a cool place to go sledding on a winter day if this were back in Massachusetts!"

•  

I've only been on the weekends and it is far and away a much better fan experience than you will get at any major tournament. Give me PM I'm about 170 miles away might be a good stopping off point

•  

Whaql1
    tdogg21Whaql1Thanks everyone for the congrats, I am beyond excited for the chance to go. It is only for the practice round on Monday but regardless it will be a joy to set foot on the grounds.

Tim,

How busy was it at the course? Spectator wise.

i didn't think it was busy at all.  relatively speaking.  if you find out where different guys are, you'll be able to go ahead by a hole or two and get a great, up-close view of them.  since it's a practice round, everyone is spread across the course, putting green, driving range, and gift shop.  there will be a line to get in, so get there early.

My advice, get there early and see who is on the course or driving range.  if there is no one you want to see take the time to walk the course and see all of the holes.  then try to find some golfers you want to see and follow them a bit.  try to sit at amen corner for a few groups.  save the gift shop until after lunch.  you're there early in the week, so no fear of them selling out of anything and this way you don't have to carry a bag around all day.

•  

congrats, I go the email that I did not get picked again this year!

•  

Fabulous.....Enjoy that practice round !

• 3506 points

Wednesday is the best day to go IMO. Hands down

• 544 points

I have been in the lottery for the last several years, but so far shut out.  I did go to a practice round in 2011.  Incredible experience!

•  

dzabkar
    Wednesday is the best day to go IMO. Hands down

i would agree that wednesday is great because everyone is there (even some of the older guys) and there is the par 3 contest, but monday is really convenient for traveling.  and really, pretty much everyone is there by monday.  but i would take any day during the week and love it!