Forums

Royal Baby Town Crier Fake!

•  

Ok, so while a lot of our discussions on this site only revolve around golf, I saw something this morning that received tons of attention recently.  Yes, the George the royal baby was born but more interestingly the Town Crier (you know, the old guy in the big red coat and hat in front of the hospital with the scroll announcing the birth the other day whose picture and video was plastered everywhere) is not associated with the Royals at all!  In fact, it was a prank that he pulled off!  He apparently wanted to be part of the baby process and thought of this as a fun way to not only fake out the media in front of the hospital but also all the police and officials!  In this day and age, I thought this was sort of funny he was so successful! LOL

•  

Very British, is all I can say.

• 4333 points

I had not seen that, that is hilarious.  The lengths some people go to nowadays and with social media and widespread news coverage it can be much easier to accomplish!

• 5169 points

I agree - Hilarious spoof! Have there been instances of hackers entering prestigious golf events on the basis of their "handicap index", while untrue, falling within the acceptable range for competition? Hasn't this happened at US Open qualifiers?

•  

It happened at our local US Open qualifier in Cincinnati...amazing!  The lengths some people go...

•  

By the way, the story is on Fox & Friends as of this morning...I think you can find it online somewhere if you wish to read more...

•  

I have not see that.  No wonder we defeated the British.....now that is funny......I agree with lusogolf7, that is very British....