Forums

Member Milestones With Inactive People

• 5035 points

pistolpete
    TNT009

I like the idea of some ongoing minimum activity. We all have those hurdles with loyalty programs for airlines, rental cars, etc...

+1.

Btw, would be nice to have likes/dislikes for comments.  There was a separate thread just on that topic. It would certainly add value to this one!

•  

+1

•  

I just joined the first of July and I look to achieve all the levels available.  It is free to me and I did not have to join.  I have been a member of state and international professional organization that I paid dues to belong to and was an elected officer at both levels.   I received many awards and was elected to my state organizations Hall of Fame and am a past state president twice and that cannot be taken away from me, even though I am no longer an active member.  There is a special club for past presidents and you have to be approved by other past presidents.  Sometimes it best to let sleeping dogs lie....FJ determines the criteria...if they earn a level it is theirs....

•  

BostonBuzza

All good pionts, glad I don't have to make these decisions.

I'm there with you. . . 'going out for another 18, if you want to join in!

• 859 points

TNT009
    I don't want to see inactive members going to events or getting things, that's just Todd's real talk... If you're inactive over a year, drop a notch, two years- reapply!

You're always such a hard case my friend. :)

•  

Well said Chuck. As you can see, there is great passion for this topic.

• 4333 points

And I love that we can have these discussions without any hard feelings or ill will!  This is a great community :)

•  

wow....lots of opinions on this topic..

I see both sides and why FJ might not move in any direction on it...if FJ is OK with things the way it is...maybe we should as well and it is OK to have your own opinion on the topic!!!

•  

Mondo
    wow....lots of opinions on this topic..

I see both sides and why FJ might not move in any direction on it...if FJ is OK with things the way it is...maybe we should as well and it is OK to have your own opinion on the topic!!!

+1

•  

Like minds Mr Dogg, I'm sure Dev and Chris have enough to deal with and don't need any other hassles.. This was discussed last year at the Shoe Box! Maybe not loose status, but put on baby probation?

tdogg21
    pistolpeteTNT009I don't want to see inactive members going to events or getting things, that's just Todd's real talk... If you're inactive over a year, drop a notch, two years- reapply!  If someone wants to spend the $ to more or less buy their way into Ambassador status, you can be sure that Foot Joy will not complain! And if they buy a bunch of MyJoya, have they not fulfilled their obligation to actively participate at the site?

I like the idea of some ongoing minimum activity. We all have those hurdles with loyalty programs for airlines, rental cars, etc...

if you put in the time or money to become and ambassador, you've earned it and maybe should keep it.  but if you become and ambassador and then leave for a year or more, you shouldn't be able to come back as soon as there's a giveaway of something.

•  

hmmm......sticky situation....I have thought a lot about this discussion and see valid points made by both sides.

I do know for myself, real life hit my family last year and I wasn't as active as in times past. My wife ended up having to leave the workforce because her illness. Now that being said, I am on the other side of the coin and things have somewhat improved.

I am just tore on where we draw the line on memberships. Do we remove the gold or silver status from members? I would hope not because of the time it takes to achieve the current status. Heaven forbid if we even considered dropping an Ambassadors status down.

What does trouble me are the flybys. For instance, when an contest is posted and we see someone join for that and they never return. It would be nice to purge the database on that.

Maybe below silver status and purge after a year? This would clear up some of the issues.

Just food for thought.

Thanks

Tim

• 5044 points

I would think a minimum level of activity. The wouldn't have to actively partcipate just login 6-12X per yr.

Just my thoughts.

Mark

•  

What you all fail to realize is that FJ uses these people to reach out with info on new products and to keep them in the fold so to speak. The more the merrier. As much as we all love this Community, it is in all honesty a form of marketing. Some of the best kind in my opinion, but that's what it is after all. Who really cares if a flybys name is on the milestones list, doesn't bother me at all. As for non-active Ambassadors, they have earned their spot. If they choose fade away and never come back, that's their loss. If they come back for a contest or prize, well, they are eligible until FJ changes the rules. But really, how many non-active Ambassadors do that, not many at all. There doesn't seem to be a real problem right now and the powers that be have had a year since the Shoe Box talks, if it was an issue something would have been done by now. I think it's a non-issue. That's my two cents, and all it's worth.

•  

Tar Heel

Well said Chuck. As you can see, there is great passion for this topic.

Good to know CZ!  Oh, check you out with your BRONZE-  keep up the good work-  congrats!

•  

removing something from somebody that they have earned is the quickest way to get them to talk bad about you.  FJ has given us a place to chat and in doing so is also marketing themselves to all of us.  i am sure that decreasing its market is the last thing that the good folks at FJ want.