Forums

FJ Community Only : Open Championship Sweepstakes

• 2947 points

One of my favorite groups of guys play a round each year in January (in Massachusetts), but you have to wear shorts and a golf shirt. About 8 years ago, the weather was supposed to be around 30 and cloudy. Well, during the third hole a sudden storm came in and we were playing in sideways snow. Of the ones that finished, our legs were pretty blue and the Jameson's flowed freely.

• 757 points

I played the Irish Course at Whistling Straights in April.  40 degrees and a three club wind.... BRUTAL!!!

•  

Temps in the 40's with 20 mph winds or 110 degrees with 30+ mph winds, take your pick.

•  

While the FJAI at RICC was pretty bad, it was not the worst conditions I've played in.  On a golf trip to Pinehurst, we were scheduled to play Sunday morning before departing for home.  It absolutely poured Saturday overnight and things were pretty wet in the morning.  We went to the course to find our if it was even open.  Yes it was and they let us go out just in front of a gang from Ohio in an RV.  Overcast lasted about two holes, and the rain began.  It rained, and rained.  The rain got harder and harder; the ground wetter and wetter.  Streams were running through the greens.  We had to move our balls on the greens from time to time to be able to putt without having to plow through running water.  One of our group decided he had had enough and quit playing, but kept riding with us.  We finished the round and found out from the club management that we were the only four who had stayed on the course that day.  Everyone else had quit before completing 9 holes.  We were drenched, but you can only get so wet and once wet, how much wetter can you get?  We had fun, no one got hurt or sick; we completed our round and our trip in high spirits.

•  

PLAYED A "CHILLI OPEN"  (A GOLF TOURNAMENT ON A FROZEN LAKE.  9 HOLES MADE UP ON THE LAKE WITH INDOOR OUTDOOR CARPET SWATCHES AS GREENS  WORE A SNOW SUIT.  MISSED A 5 INCH PUTT ON HOLE 3.  JOKINGLY I THREW MY 5 IRON.  (ONLY ALLOWED 1 CLUB IN THE TOURMAMENT).  CLUB BROKE THROUGH THE ICE WHEN IT LANDED. LOST THE CLUB..........WENT INSIDE, HAD 3 BLOODY MARY'S.  ENJOYED THE DAY THOROUGHLY.  NEVER WENT BACK AGAIN

• 46 points

I played in a match play tourney where the early match I was in  a rain that went sideways.I won two and one.In the 1st place contest,I played in a warn and windy day ten hours later.I lost to a classy guy two and one,because a spikemark turned my ball away from the hole.Oh well it is a whole lot better than getting stuck in the kitchen or working at  a desk.

•  

Virginia State Amateur at the Homestead -  a few years ago -  Two days of straight rain - cancelled first day of play - had to play 36 holes in rain in one day.  Had two pair of classics with me -  those shoes must have weighed 10 pounds by the time each 18 was finished.

•  

Summers in Memphis, heat coupled with high humidity, are always a challenge.   Better stay hydrated and have comfortable FJ apparel in those (or any) conditions.

•  

I WAS PLAYING TGE AILSA COURSE AT TURNGURY SCOTLAND CAME UP. MY WIFE WAS WALKING WITH MY HOST AND MYSELF WITH HIS DOG WHEN THE STORM HIT. IT *** MY HOSTS UMBRELLA INSIDE OUT. HIS DOG AND MY WIFE RAN FOR COVER AND OF COURSE MY HOSY AND I CONTINUED ON AND COMPLETED THE ROUND AFTER 5 MORE HOLES OF HORIZONTAL RAIN,,,NO LIGHTNING.

WE WENT IN TO THE 19TH AND MET MY WIFE AND MY HOSTS DOG FOR AN AFTER ROUND GRINK OR TWO AND I RETIRED TO THE PRO SHOP WHERE I BOUGHT MY HOST A NEW UMBRELLA.

UNFORGETABLE !!!

• 31 points

Played in a downpour so hard you could not see to drive the cart at Northville Hills in Northville Mi. 

• 391 points

Playing my home course, upper forties, north wind, and rain. Kept trying to remember why I was out there.

• 598 points

Good looking gear!  Count me in!

• 2107 points

Pine Needles in Southern Pines, NC in July.  Golf trip with my dad and brothers.  We walked 18 the first day we were there in 100 degree heat.  We rode every round after that.

• 404 points

Played Willow Hill in Glenview, IL....below 30 degrees, 30 mph wins on a links style course with no trees.  I hit a 60 degree wedge from 90 out.  Dead straght - right at pin...wind picked up...I was hitting my next shot from 115 yards away...wind *** it backwards and sideways.....

• 389 points

Louisiana torential rain and wind from a squal line soaked to the bone and could have used this product