Forums

Big Break NFL

•  

Now this is a season of Big Break you guys might enjoy -- the next edition of Big Break in October will be Big Break NFL. Jerry Rice, Chris Doleman, Tim Brown, Mark Rypien, Marc Bulger and Al Del Greco are the stars. Here's a link: http://www.golfchannel.com/tv/big-break-nfl/?cid=facebook_bb_a_bbnflannouncement_july15

•  

I don't think that this is an overly interesting cast.

•  

Where is my Buffalo Bills' Scott Norwood (insert hook joke here)?

• 2397 points

Does the winner get on the Senior Tour? This variation on Big Break does not excite me.  

•  

I must agree with Pony - I'd rather see competitors with a chance to compete on their respective tours.

•  

not interested at all.  not interested in watching a bunch of retired millionaires compete in their hobby.  i'd rather see people scraping to realize their dream.

• 3718 points

This is intriguing idea.  If these guys have any golf game at all it will be interesting.  If it turns into a bunch of guys learning to golf.  Well I'd still be interested because I love football and golf :)

• 4650 points

Big Break is jumping the shark..

• 4203 points

pistolpete
    Big Break is jumping the shark..

I have never heard this expression before. Could you shed some light on what it means?

• 3500 points

cleanfan
    Where is my Buffalo Bills' Scott Norwood (insert hook joke here)?

He usually hits it wide right...

•  

I want to see "Big Break Centerfold"

One of the challanges could involve sand traps, the sprinkler systems, and a pillow fight.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    pistolpeteBig Break is jumping the shark..

I have never heard this expression before. Could you shed some light on what it means?

en.wikipedia.org/.../Jumping_the_shark

www.youtube.com/watch

• 2397 points

bholley
    I want to see "Big Break Centerfold"

One of the challanges could involve sand traps, the sprinkler systems, and a pillow fight.

and a ratings boost as well.  I think GC maybe interested

•  

very surprised this one got in.  I thought your comments were very closely monitered!!  I can only imagine what was edited out...

•  

I love Jerry Rice and all, but I don't like this idea. IMO, what makes the Big Break so special is how "hungry" the competitors are. If they get eliminated, then they have to go back to working their day jobs.  The NFLers have already had their 15 minutes (or more).