Forums

FedEx Club Shipping Experience

• 4405 points

Great info!  I've been contemplating a golf trip for the wife and I and I really don't want to drag two sets of clubs along with all of our luggage so I've been also thinking about shipping them.  My likely destination is FL and it looks like it'll run me ~40/bag!  I can't complain about that at all!

• 9 points

Helpful especially when you are going internationally.  I just came back from Ireland and some of the guys in our group paid $80. to put their sticks on the plane with Delta.

• 9 points

Helpful especially when you are going internationally.  I just came back from Ireland and some of the guys in our group paid $80. to put their sticks on the plane with Delta.

• 267 points

Nice tips, but I guess everyone must analyze for a each particular trip. I go to international destinations and American Airlines has a $ 70 for another baggage piece. It´s a similiar cost, and I´m going with my clubs. I guess FedEx will have different rates for international countries, and also different time to deliver them.

•  

Terrific info....Am definitely going send my clubs via FedEx my next venture!  Last two trips my TourTrek Travel Bag was damaged each time. Airline would only covered the claim with the gapping hole and shredded zipper......

•  

girlsgotgolf
    Terrific info....Am definitely going send my clubs via FedEx my next venture!  Last two trips my TourTrek Travel Bag was damaged each time. Airline would only covered the claim with the gapping hole and shredded zipper......

Gaping Hole and Shredded Zipper were two of the bands I played in back in the day GGG. Perhaps you've heard of us?

• 332 points

Great review!

• 340 points

I shipped my clubs by Fed Ex to London, UK...Great price..$ 56.00.one way..So total of  $112.,,,they picked it up from my house in Oklahoma City and delivered to my mom's in London . Mom was surprised--why clubs???---Anyway.s..I think they made an error in pricing...

•  

Thanks for the review Randy...ran out of time for my trip to Atlanta this holiday weekend but will definitely no long schlep when travelling

• 690 points

Help

I just got a telephone quote to ship clubs from Massachusetts to Ireland.

It was about $500.  Yes they said $500.

What am I doing wrong?

•  

Thanks for posting your review. $67 does not seem bad at all.

Ironically, I've always wanted UPS and FedEx to pull up to my house at the same time, but it hasn't happened thus far...

•  

OK, the final post on the topic.....

Last night I returned from Michigan and brought my clubs back via Delta Airlines. I packed my golf travel bag exactly the same way I did when shipping via FedEx; covered irons, towel wrapped around all the clubs, Stiff Arm securely in place. I surrendered my bag at the check in counter for Delta at the South Bend Regional airport I fly out of.

On arrival to John Wayne airport last evening, my golf bag comes out the over sized bag chute and it's apparent immediately that TSA has been hard at work. 2 of the 3 cross straps that clip together on the bag are not connected and are just flapping around. The zipper had obviously been opened (I have a TSA lock that when opened has a color code letting you know) and the lock was back secured, but had been opened.

When I opened the bag 6 of the clubs had obviously been removed and were in different locations in the bag. The towel was jammed in the bottom of the bag. In an interesting development, all the golf balls that are in a front pocket were laying loose in the bottom of the bag, meaning someone had taken them from the closed pocket. Never seen that one before.

Anyway, nothing stolen or broken, but clearly the bag and it's contents were violated by TSA "behind the curtain." I couldn't have a better example of why I will most assuredly be using the services at FedEx in the future.

•  

Thanks Randy.  As a frequent golf traveler myself I've always been wary of the FedEd shipping.  I usually fly SW or JetBlue and they don't charge for shipping.  If I ever find myself on another carrier I'll ship em with confidence.

•  

i've been debating going that way.  even when not flying.  i just spent about 2 and a half weeks in myrtle beach.  typically i don't take my clubs since i have another set there.  but since i was going to be gone so long, i decided to take the good clubs.  well, packing for multiple weeks with a one year old is challenging enough without clubs.  for the return trip after all of the myrtle beach shopping, i wasn't sure there would be room for my clubs.  so even when driving i can see an advantage to shipping my clubs.

Thanks for the thorough review.  it's nice to hear first hand what the FedEx commercials are telling me!

•  

Just a reminder, plan ahead and it will be very economical.  If anyone has any questions, just shoot me a PM.  I'll be happy to help if I can.