Forums

Blackhawks show respect...

•  

It is known that golfers have the utmost respect for the game of golf, it's traditions, and the competitors they play against. Hockey is played with many rich traditions as well, even though it is a team sport with much more physicality and brute force. But when the series fight is over, the players all line up and congratulate their foes. This scene is much more difficult than the obligatory hand shake after a round of golf. You have no idea how hard it is to shake a teams hand after you have tried to legally crush the opponents now lined up to face you. In the respect, hockey is a game like no other.

While it's been hard to contain my happiness at seeing the Blackhawks defeat the Bruins, favorite of many here at FJ, CG has been kind enough to let the victory post stay up. Thank you. You Bruins fans should know that on the day we Chicago fans are enjoying the parade through downtown, the Blackhawks owner took out the following add in your Boston Globe:

A series well fought. We tip our hats to you as well.... 

• 2781 points

A classy organization.  As a big Bruins fan it was very difficult to hate anything about the Blackhawks.

•  

And that is why Hockey is the best professional sport around! TOP NOTCH, TOP NOTCH!

•  

This was a tough spring for us up here in MA.  It started with the Marathon attacks (Great job Boston PD catching the two *********'s - [Yes, I did DG's job there by self filtering - whoo hoo!!!]).  The Bruins brought the area together.  They gave us something to be proud of - our hockey team.  First, the comeback against the Maple Leafs, then the confidence  grew against the Rangers, then the true grit showed against the Penguins.  The area needed the Bruins to help us come back together.  After watching the 6 games in the final, it was clear that the Blackhawks and the Bruins were made from a similar mold - tough and skilled.  Both teams belonged in the finals.  Two years ago, we grew to dislike the Canucks - not the case this year.  There was mutual respect by both teams.  The page above demonstrates that mutual respect.  

While very disappointed that my Bruins did not take home Lord Stanley, the Blackhawks are a deserving champion.  Hope we can match up again next season and play for the Cup!

•  

it was definitely a great hard hitting series...

very respectful by the hawks...

•  

it was definitely a great hard hitting series...

very respectful by the hawks...

• 2860 points

This was a high class  act by The Hawks after a wonderful seriesY ) ***even though I am a Bruins fan. Unbelievably I heard a couple of Boston sports talk show personalities  takeimg issue with the letter and trying to stir up some noise..

• 4690 points

Absolutely classy move by the Blackhawks!

• 691 points

The Blackhawks organization is one of the proudest and upstanding teams in the entire NHL.  The Blackhawks are great with working with charities and are always looking to help the communities wherever they can.  Welcome to Chicago, we will always  be there to tip a hat and lend a hand.