Forums

Golf clubs

•  

I guess I am in the minority here.  I change when Titleist releases new clubs.  Irons are 712 and the rest are 713. Well get the new 714 irons in the fall.

I also go through at least 3 wedges sets a year.

•  

19hole

I guess I am in the minority here.  I change when Titleist releases new clubs.  Irons are 712 and the rest are 913. Well get the new 714 irons in the fall.

Well, I'm going to assume you get a pretty good deal too. Plus you probably hit more golf balls than any of us. I only need a new lob wedge every year.

•  

19hole
    I guess I am in the minority here.  I change when Titleist releases new clubs.  Irons are 712 and the rest are 713. Well get the new 714 irons in the fall.

Rick, I'm guessing you are one of the few here on the forums that upgrade clubs that quickly. However, you are a pro and that's one of the perks. I am pretty up to date with my coaching but since I have been coaching less and working a big boy job more I haven't played near as much this year.

• 535 points

I been playing the same irons (callaway forged diablo), driver (Callaway razr fit) and putter (Odyssey Black Series) for two years now. Been playing a 5wd Callaway steelhead since high school. Put in a new x-hot pro hybrid this year. And have Cleveland CG 10's wedges. But in the need to update those.

•  

Alright, I am the odd guy out on this one. I play PING clubs and have not strayed for the past 20 years. They have provided the best results for my swing.

The only big change this season was replacing wedges.

Current setup

Anser driver/ tesing out the G25 (Fujikura Fuel and Phenom Shafts)

Rapture 4 wood (Javelyn stiff shaft)

S57 irons +1 upright (zz65 stiff shaft)

Gorge wedges 54 and 60 degree.(zz65 stiff shaft) Neutral setting

Redwood Anser putter

•  

What good things have you heard about the 714 irons.....have talked to number of people and the only change in APs has ben cosmetic........bought a set of AP2s, used to see how I liked them....they have been set up based on a previous fitting.....love the 7-P irons but do not get the repeat performance I want from the 4-6....am seriously interested in 714s and considering purchasing a mixed set of AP1/AP2......any recommendation.....have 5.5 stiff shafts.....cz :)

•  

i like to try new things as often as I can.  Recently got new Callaway copper forged wedges (54 & 58) and like them.  Have tried several sets of irons but still like and use my Callaway Diablo Edge irons (with the bored thru hosel)  ....5 thru PWThey just seem to fit me best.  Since I am such a lousy putter, I have tried everything under the sun and am currently using an Odyssey White Ice #1.

Have used the same Ping g-15 driver for the third year now.  No 3 wood.  Have a rocketballz 18 1/2 deg hybrid which I hit as far as a 3 wood and then  Callaway Big Bertha 18, 21 and 24* steel shafted hybrids  

•  

i like to try new things as often as I can.  Recently got new Callaway copper forged wedges (54 & 58) and like them.  Have tried several sets of irons but still like and use my Callaway Diablo Edge irons (with the bored thru hosel)  ....5 thru PWThey just seem to fit me best.  Since I am such a lousy putter, I have tried everything under the sun and am currently using an Odyssey White Ice #1.

Have used the same Ping g-15 driver for the third year now.  No 3 wood.  Have a rocketballz 18 1/2 deg hybrid which I hit as far as a 3 wood and then  Callaway Big Bertha 18, 21 and 24* steel shafted hybrids  

•  

I need Rick's job!!

• 4925 points

Rick - you do lead a privileged life!  I guess the wedges really do wear out. Was looking at some of the zip cut/laser milled Cleveland wedges and am told they wear out super quick. I'm more on the 20-25 year plan so that won't work for me ;)

• 5052 points

My set up hasn't changed much but then again, I haven' t been playing enough golf to warrant wholesale changes. Forges Mizuno irons still provide buttery feel, my Tour Edge driver (now three years old, bought as a closeout for basically nothing) still gets the ball out there and the wedges  (Titleist) and putter (Cameron Circa '62) are wonderful. I do replace wedges every other year and the latest Pro V1 ball is a favorite. Three wood is an older Sonartec model and that may be a candidate for replacement though I still hit that club pretty darn well. Hybrid from Adams, now three years old, still does the trick..

I am a club manufacturer's nightmare..  BUt with young kids who are interested in EVERYTHING (including golf, but to exclusively golf), my time on the golf course has been cut waaay back...

•  

BRUCE

i've been using the G10 driver for the last 3 or 4 seasons and i love it.  i went to a Titleist fitting day, but they couldn't find a Titleist driver that i hit better than my Ping.

•  

Taylor Made RBZ Driver. 9.5 Degrees. Fujikura shaft.

Taylor Made RBZ 3 Wood and Taylor Made Burner 5 wood

Taylor Made RBZ 3 & 4 hybrids

Taylor Made Rocket Ballez irons with Rocket Ballez 55G shafts

Titleist Vokey SM4 wedges (50 & 54 degree)

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar putter

Driver changes often. Irons every couple years, when my swing changes enough to warrant it.

• 1362 points

All Titleist Clubs. My 712MBs, 913 metals, SM4 Vokey wedges and Select Newport 2 Custom are all under 1 year old so I dont think I will be changing clubs in the next 5 years. I like to get to know my clubs really well. The last set I had for 3 years (non Titleist) but right now I am very happy with them. Hats and apparel is different for me. I add whenever I see something I really like. But I would really have to like what I see.

• 4846 points

I am rethinking my club set configuration: I am going to drop my 15 degree fairway metal and 19 degree hybrid for a 17 degree fairway metal. I am going to replace my Gap wedge 52 degree bent to a 49 to a 50 degree, (My AP1 PW is 45 degrees)  Sand wedge 56 degrees for a 55 degree. My lob is 60 degrees.

I am going to buy additional Sand and Lob wedges for different course conditions.