Forums

World Golf Hall of Fame

• 580 points

Headed down to St Augustine to the WGHF. I've always wanted to go. I'm going with my Dad, who still plays golf @ 76 years young (BTW - he shoots his age or better for 18 holes)

Has anyone been there?

Are there any secrets or nuances that we should know when we go?

I played "The King and and The Bear" years ago when they first opened the course (12-14 years ago)

Anything you could suggest that would make the experience better for my Dad.

Thanks

•  

Have not been there as yet (on my bucket list) but everyone I know who has visited has said that it is a pretty amazing place.

Don't have much info on the golf courses though.

Hope you and your father have a great trip. Enjoy !!!

• 5510 points

Keith,

When we went we played the Stadium course at TPC Sawgrass. Having a picture with your dad on 17 would be great.

I think it is about 45 minute drive from the Hall of Fame.

Mark

•  

I've been to the WGHF. I loved it and I'm really glad I went.  Lots of great history.  You will have a great time and your dad will love it.

•  

GET A STARTING TIME OVER AT THE PLAYERS TOURNAMENT COURSEY ) ***ONLY ABOUT 30MIN DRIVE).MAKE SURE YOU GET A FORECADDIE.

MINE MADE THE ENTIRE TRIP MORE ENJOYABLE,,,,AND BY THE WAY,,,PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT HE SAYS,,,THEY ARE REALLY GOOD AND WELL WORTH THE COST.

HAVE FUN,,,I WAS JUST THERE 4 WEEKS BEFORE THE PLAYERS THIS YEAR AND PLAYED THE SLAMMER,DYES VALLEY AND THE STADIUM. BREAT FUN.

•  

Never been but it is on my list. my Dad and I were talking about driving down and playing everyday, make a week trip out of it.

• 1466 points

Really want to go, please snap some pics and post them!

•  

i was there about 13 years ago.  great place and i'm sure it has only gotten better.  it's on my list to make a return trip, but just haven't been able to make it yet.

• 580 points

I didn't think of playing at the TPC, that's a great idea. What a great surprise for him. Thanks guys! I'll be sure to post some pics. I'm not sure when we're going, but it will be soon.