Forums

What is the coolest thing you use on the golf course?

• 1466 points

Awesome scorecard holder, I just ordered one about a week ago and can't wait for it!

•  

MarkWDallasTx

golferdrmjr
    After any of my FootJoys, especially the MyJoys, I think it would be one of my birthday gifts from last year. Custom knit headcovers from JuJu. Love them, thanks to my wife for getting them and Tar Heel for helping her out.

I think those are very cool. Very thoughtful of your wife.

Thank you Mark.

• 1514 points

*** cooler!!   Something FJ should look into making!!

•  

The coolest thing has to be the air chillers I built for our golf cart. I recently upgraded the fans to deliver 600 CFM of ice chilled air.

• 4203 points

fredcloss
    The coolest thing has to be the air chillers I built for our golf cart. I recently upgraded the fans to deliver 600 CFM of ice chilled air.

That is pretty "Cool" and air conditioned golf cart. Do you have to pull a trailer with a generator? How do you power the chillers?

• 326 points

I use a 1965 " Kenyan Shilling " ---brings sweet memories of my birthplace.

•  

For me, last Saturday these MyJoys were pretty cool!

• 4203 points

noeldaof

What is the symbol on the R Heel?

• 1466 points

MarkWDallasTx
    noeldaofFor me, last Saturday these MyJoys were pretty cool!

What language?

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    fredclossThe coolest thing has to be the air chillers I built for our golf cart. I recently upgraded the fans to deliver 600 CFM of ice chilled air.

That is pretty "Cool" and air conditioned golf cart. Do you have to pull a trailer with a generator? How do you power the chillers?

It's an ice chest I modified by mounting 12 VDC power supply fans in the lid and drilling air inlet holes in the sides of the chest, near the bottom. I glued screens into the inside to keep the ice from coming through the holes. I mounted pipes in the top of the cooler and they *** the air at me. They run on 12 volts and use almost no current. You load ice into the cooler, switch it on and 40 degree air comes out.

•  

ahhh, c'mon guys tell the truth we all know but i readily admit it's the inside portion of the ice chest containing adult beverages.

•  

mine is my as well are my FJ mark of a player ball marker and my icons

•  

Gzink96

MarkWDallasTx

noeldaof

What language?

In MyJoys - Logo:  it is one of the logo choices - under "personalize".  I think these are only available on pyramids and the new contours.

The symbol is of a "dragon".  Along with and incorporated in is a Chinese character (in red) which refers to also a dragon.

There are twelve known lunar years in Chinese.  Each of them have a symbol of some animal form like dog, rat, pig, horse. . . etc.  This year, 2013, belongs to the "year of the snake".

Each of the twelve characters in MyJoys represents a "Lunar Year" and also referred to as the "Chinese New Year".  

It is or it can be the equivalent of a Zodiac symbol, however, this is an annual cycle instead of a 12 month (Taurus, Gemini, Capricorn . . . etc.)

Snake are sometimes referred to as the little dragon.  (probably because they look a little alike).

It has been said in the Chinese culture that the snake and tortoise are auspicious together.

Hence for my MyJoys with the black snake with the tortoise and a dragon symbol on the side.

Golfers are superstitious, some are, I think.  I am not one of them at all.  :-)

• 4203 points

Thanks for the clarification.

I have a red ribbon for luck. Red is my favorite color and makes me feel lucky.

I pay attention to my superstitious feelings.

•  

Have been thinking about this for a while and I'm very sad to say that apart from always trying to look great in my FJ gear I'm pretty boring (read - uncool).

I think my Croc Driver headcover is probably the coolest thing I use apart from FJ but whether anyone else does is a matter for conjecture.