Forums

Vokey Hand Grinds - Now Available $350

•  

Saw this announcement, as of June 19th Voke's hand grinds are now available... For a price!

www.titleist.com/.../titleist-introduces-vokey-wedgeworks-hand-ground-wedges.aspx

•  

Here is a description of bounces...

www.vokey.com/.../vokey-tour-grinds.aspx

•  

it would be nice to have.....but i'm not good enough to pay that amount for a wedge.

•  

Would LOVE a wedge built by Voke but I probably wouldn't use it then!  :-)

• 5068 points

Only if I could spend the morning getting fit for wedges at his facility.

• 5068 points

Did you all see the cool stuff in the accessory section of Vokey's store?

•  

Justinu3
    Would LOVE a wedge built by Voke but I probably wouldn't use it then!  :-)

that was my thought as well.  and if you did use it, a couple years tops and it's worn out.

• 5177 points

For those with discretionary income, I would say bless you

For me, a proper  fitting  for ALL my clubs  would be a far better use of my resources...

• 2956 points

Like others, I would love to own one, but wouldn't have the heart to use it. Can't see having a $350.00 club sitting around when the money could be used to buy a lot of other golf thingies. But hats-off to the collectors who can afford one in their trophy room.

•  

I would buy them if Stricker hand grinded them and hit them for me :)

• 3852 points

No thanks, wedges wear too fast to spend that amount on them

•  

If I could get one as a show piece like a hand made Scotty and if Vokey did it, I would!

•  

My game is perfect with the "off the rack" products. Take them to my clubfitter and have him tweak the lofts and lies a bit and I am good to go. I can buy 2 sets of wedges for the price of these things, and while they are really nice, my game can't tell the difference.

•  

Was bound to happen soon or later.

People pay premium $ for stuff they think will work.

I'm currently carrying 4 wedges so afraid no upgrades for me ... at this stage.

• 503 points

$350 is past the price point for a wedge, even if it is handground.  A putter can be used for a lifetime and a driver lasts longer than we think (I was still gaming a 905R when I bought my 913 last fall).  Wedges wear out, though, and I just can't see people paying three times the "normal" Vokey price.

WW