Forums

Community Only U.S. Open Sweepstakes

• 491 points

I think the most clutch moment I have had happened when I broke par for the first time at our home course.  After 2 bogeys and 2 birdies and a nice string of pars I was even par after 17 holes.  The 18th hole is a par-4 with a pond on the left and woods on the right on the drive and a waste bunker that goes into a pond on the right side of the green.  The 18th can be a challenge for me...in fear of the pond I have a tendency to block my drive right and end up in the right rough or woods.  Hugging the left edge of the pond is the best bet to get close to the 100 yard marker, and going down the middle will put you on the right side.  I pulled out my driver and while I didn't go as far left as I could have, I ended up about 105 out on the right side of the fairway.  Now, looking at my approach shot, the pin was in the front right corner of the green that is about 40 yards deep and uphill.  I can't zip the ball like guys can, so my best chance was to land just short of the green and one hop it near the cup.  There was no doubt I was nervous...I hit my approach right at the pin and got my one hopper and it released and rolled about 12 feet past the cup.  Here it was before me, a birdie for a 71...I knew the putt would left at the end, so speed would be the key...if I tried to die it in the cup it was probably 1 ball out, but if I wanted to hit it firm, no more than left edge.  My heart was beating in my throat and I totally felt the moment.  I stepped back, took a deep breath, and visualized the putt - left edge.  I honestly don't remember stroking the putt, but I can still see it drop and my friend cheering for me knowing I had just completed a bucket list item.  I still have that Titleist in my bookcase!

• 363 points

My wife and I were playing in a mixed couples league and we needed to par the last hole to get into the post season play-off. The last night of regular season was alternate shot and it was my turn, my wife's approach shot came up short leaving me an uphill 25 yard chip shot to the hole. I needed to get it close as my wife is not known for her putting skills, I used my 8 Iron and made the best chip I ever have as it stopped about two feet past the hole. My wife made the putt for par and we made the play-offs, we didn't win but my wife was very happy as she has only been playing for about three years. My wife's smile after she made that short putt made this my clutch moment that chip shot I will never forget. 

eapelley@fuse.net  

• 6 points

Play got suspended due to rain with 2 holes to go. My partner and I need a 8 in 2 holes to win the tournament. Made a 4 on the first hole and I drained a 16 footer for birdie on the second to win the tournament.

• 6 points

Play got suspended due to rain with 2 holes to go. My partner and I needed a 8 in the last 2 holes to win. We made a 4 on the first hole and I drained a 16 footer on the 2nd hole for birdie to go -9 and win the tournament.

•  

OUTIGER
    My partner and I were playing in a 9 hole match and were one down coming into #8.  Our opponent had hit a beautiful shot right at the hole and looked to have a chance to close out the match.  My shot was struck crisply and looked to be heading close to the pin as well. As we made our way to the hole, only one ball was visible of the two that made the putting surface. After checking the hole, my ball had gone in and tied the match much to the dismay of our opponents (CG & Memphis).  We (Bruce & Tiger) ended the match all square and enjoyed our time on course #3 at Medinah compliments of FJ.

I want nothing in return for this submission, because the pleasure of attending the first FJA gathering was payment enough.

TT

I was definitely dismayed on two accounts - losing the hole and my shot at my first hole in one - but excited to be part of Tim's awesome moment. Made an amazing experience that much more memorable.

•  

TT, that is just ... CLUTCH ... on so many levels !!!

•  

I didn't make the post deadline but here's mine ....

I birdied one of the par 5's from the bunker here at the TPC San Antonio course. It's a brutal course. If you are ever in the area this course has to be on your play list.

•  

The winners are TRYAN, NoelHillman, and Etakmit.

•  

Thank you to everyone who posted their stories!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

Congrats guys.  Enjoy your trophies and thanks for sharing.

Thanks again FJ for allowing us these opportunities.

TT

•  

Chris Garrett
    OUTIGERMy partner and I were playing in a 9 hole match and were one down coming into #8.  Our opponent had hit a beautiful shot right at the hole and looked to have a chance to close out the match.  My shot was struck crisply and looked to be heading close to the pin as well. As we made our way to the hole, only one ball was visible of the two that made the putting surface. After checking the hole, my ball had gone in and tied the match much to the dismay of our opponents (CG & Memphis).  We (Bruce & Tiger) ended the match all square and enjoyed our time on course #3 at Medinah compliments of FJ.

I want nothing in return for this submission, because the pleasure of attending the first FJA gathering was payment enough.

TT I was definitely dismayed on two accounts - losing the hole and my shot at my first hole in one - but excited to be part of Tim's awesome moment. Made an amazing experience that much more memorable.

And the great words of wisdom that you said after we left the green will stick with me forever.  ;)

TT

•  

Congrats to the winners !  Enjoy your winnings. Footjoy is the best :)

• 5235 points

Devin_Gmitter

Devin,

Thanks for having these sweepstakes. Great fun. Congrats to the winners.

• 6 points

Devin_Gmitter

Thank you so much!!  I will wear them with pride.

•  

Congrats to the winners. Wear them well.