Forums

Who would your sponsors be?

•  

If you were on the PGA tour and you were good enough to name your sponsors, would would you want?  Would you offer your services to the highest bidder, AKA "sell out?"  Would you stick with the brands that you like best?  Would you go for a corporate sponsor like 5 hour energy? Here's mine:

FJ (of course) - for my shoes, gloves, apparel, outerwear - that would pretty much make me one of the best dressed players on the tour

Titleist - balls and clubs - this would help me play like a champion

BMW - assuming they gave me a new 700 series for free each year - I would be able to show up to the course in syle and luxery

Rolex - this would help me show up on time to avoid DQ.

I would then entertain other offers. How about you all?

•  

Dallin
    If you were on the PGA tour and you were good enough to name your sponsors, would would you want?  Would you offer your services to the highest bidder, AKA "sell out?"  Would you stick with the brands that you like best?  Would you go for a corporate sponsor like 5 hour energy? Here's mine:

FJ (of course) - for my shoes, gloves, apparel, outerwear - that would pretty much make me one of the best dressed players on the tour

BMW - assuming they gave me a new 700 series for free each year - I would be able to show up to the course in syle and luxery

One of our guys is sponsored by Ruth's Chris - that could be a wonderful sponsorship to have....or Chipotle

• 5235 points

I would add: ***, Four Seasons, and AT&T( Maybe my Mobile would work)

• 5264 points

Hard to top Foot Joy for all golf apparel, shoes, and gloves.  I would have no problem accepting compensation for using Titleist golf balls since I already play them...Clubs, well, I've played Mizuno irons for a long time loving the forged feel of their sticks but go ahead Titleist, convince me otherwise!

Car to get around the tourneys? Audi.

Plane to get to the tourneys? Net Jets -  unlimited hours, of course...

Watch - IWC for me..

And the cherry on top of the whipped cream? Even golf pros need a vacation - Why not vary the experiences with a full membership in:   www.exclusiveresorts.com

•  

If I was good enough to make money with my game alone, I would probably chose an equipment company to sponsor me who makes an equipment including balls that I already use and like and also who I can work with as a package.

As far as apparels and shoes including gloves, even if I am not on a contract, I would always like to be in FootJoy gears.

If there are others like a restaurant, Roy's would be fun!

•  

i can sit here and say i would stick with the companies i like the best.  but realistically, if i did catch magic and get good enough to go on tour, i'd go with the highest bidder.  at least until i got established.  you never know when you're going to hit a root, break your wrist, and essentially end your career.  

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    DallinIf you were on the PGA tour and you were good enough to name your sponsors, would would you want?  Would you offer your services to the highest bidder, AKA "sell out?"  Would you stick with the brands that you like best?  Would you go for a corporate sponsor like 5 hour energy? Here's mine:

One of our guys is sponsored by Ruth's Chris - that could be a wonderful sponsorship to have....or Chipotle

that would be dangerous.  i would also need to be sponsored by a gym to balance things out!

•  

FJ for all footwear, gloves, and all apparel

Titleist for clubs, bag and balls

Vokey (Titleist) wedges

Scotty (Titleist) putter

Netjets - personalized travel on demand

Rolex / Tag - would be great to keep on time

BMX / Mercedes / Bentely - All great for a ride

To Dev's earlier point, I guess I am missing a meal sponsor, so I would have to go with Capital Grille..

•  

I agree with Dallin in almost all but would change the car to a Mercedes or a Porshe, and the watch to a TAG Heuer.

•  

my sponsers would be titleist in both clubs and balls, footjoy in clothing, gloves, shoes and rain gear, chevy for the truck,

•  

FJ for apparel, gloves, and shoes.

Titleist through the bag and Scotty putter.

Sandals resort: free vacation spots everywhere

Chick-fil-a: Best chicken sandwhich ever

Ford: I like their new styles and car is a car to me

LA Fitness: gotta work out haha

Jared: Don't have to buy gifts for the wife, they give them to me

•  

Golf equipment: T, FJ, SC

Watch: Rolex

Car: Cadillac

Misc: Qualcomm or Microsoft

•  

Samuel Adams

Grey Goose

Patron

And I do like the Ruth's Chris idea a lot. That is, after all, how I gained 25 pounds in 2011..... Thank you Ruth's Chris in Tarrytown New York and my friends Erick and Vinny!

•  

FJ, glove, shoes and shirts (FJA embroidered Thank You),  Titleist,  and US Army.

•  

I totally forgot to have a restaurant sponsor...that would have to be In-n-Out-Burger - I would give them the hometown discount since I'm from California.  My beverage sponsor would have to be Diet Mountain Dew.