Forums

Do you Typically Walk, Ride, Caddie?

• 3066 points

I play 3-4 courses a week. I prefer to walk, but one of the courses is very long and hilly, and when I play there I typically use a cart to lessen the burden on my diabetic feet. But even with a cart, I try to walk as much as possible: it's good for you.

•  

Would love to be able to walk, but find that is not usually an option.  Course fees around us are cart inclusive, so you don't save any money walking.  One course used to have a different "access" fee for walkers, but they did away with that this year.  Since I'm paying for the cart, I use it.  At my age, it would be better to walk except on the warmest, most humid days between May and October, but economically it does not make sense.  My last walking round was probably early last year at Champions/Jackrabbit course.

• 5454 points

Always walk unless the course requires a cart or the course owners offer the option and suggest riding due to the hilliness of the course...

• 1466 points

Always walk! I play better than riding and feel much more satisfied at the end!!

•  

Usually I walk, just do other way when walking isn't allowed.

• 2801 points

I generally walk and carry a Ping under 4 bag - and my course is very walker friendly as compared to a lot of newer "residential development" courses.  I will ride occasionally at home course due to my regular playing partners all ride.  I do not like push carts and they to me seem harder and more tiring than walk and carry.  I will  cart it at charity or outings  if only to survive the slow play at such events.  Congratulations on stopping smoking and rediscovering walking.  As they say Golf is a good walk spoiled.  :)  

•  

I aways walk, riding with a cart is difficult...

•  

Usually walk unless required to cart.

Having said that  ... carting is a very nice luxury every now and again.

Whatever works for you and enables you to get out on the course is the way to go!

• 3 points

Kudos on stopping smoking.  I joined a club about a year ago which allows unrestricted walking.  Use a push cart, but wa;k 90% of the time.  When I play somewhere else, it usually requires riding.  :-(

•  

My game is so bad I going with caddie, as in stop playing and take up caddying

•  

i should walk more, but i almost always ride.  i have a plate and seven screws in my shoulder, so carry a golf bag can get really uncomfortable really quick.  i'm still a little apprehensive about getting out on the course and having the pain hit.  plus i'm a very fast player and like to have a cart to play faster.  when my one friend and i ride, it's usually 3 hours tops for a round.

• 5454 points

tdogg21
    i should walk more, but i almost always ride.  i have a plate and seven screws in my shoulder, so carry a golf bag can get really uncomfortable really quick.  i'm still a little apprehensive about getting out on the course and having the pain hit.  plus i'm a very fast player and like to have a cart to play faster.  when my one friend and i ride, it's usually 3 hours tops for a round.

OUCH! That's a lot of metal tdogg21...I'd ride as well if I had a medical condition that made walking problematic...

• 789 points

50% walk

49%cart

1%caddie

prefer to walk but I have a 6month old so sometimes cart allows me to play much faster to get home to by boy!!

•  

pistolpete
    tdogg21i should walk more, but i almost always ride.  i have a plate and seven screws in my shoulder, so carry a golf bag can get really uncomfortable really quick.  i'm still a little apprehensive about getting out on the course and having the pain hit.  plus i'm a very fast player and like to have a cart to play faster.  when my one friend and i ride, it's usually 3 hours tops for a round.

OUCH! That's a lot of metal tdogg21...I'd ride as well if I had a medical condition that made walking problematic...

yeah....it makes going through metal detectors a lot of fun.

• 2777 points

I typically ride but play better walking