Forums

What are the odds.... ?

•  

On May 3, Oakland University golfer Kassandra Komma did something pretty much unheard of: she scored the first -- and second -- holes of her career on consecutive par-3 holes.

The senior from Niddatal Hessen, Germany, scored her first career ace on the 177-yard third hole at R&S Sharf Golf Course in Rochester, Mich., and followed it up with another hole-in-one on the 108-yard seventh hole on her way to a 3-under 69.

•  

Ty Webb
    On May 3, Oakland University golfer Kassandra Komma did something pretty much unheard of: she scored the first -- and second -- holes of her career on consecutive par-3 holes.

The senior from Niddatal Hessen, Germany, scored her first career ace on the 177-yard third hole at R&S Sharf Golf Course in

Rochester, Mich., and followed it up with another hole-in-one on the 108-yard seventh hole on her way to a 3-under 69.

Crazy high odds, she should buy a lotto ticket.

• 2777 points

That's nutz!

•  

Unheard of . . . That's amazing!

Congratulations, Kassandra Komma.

•  

Wow...nothing else to say really

• 1979 points

wow, that's incredible!

• 5249 points

Ans she played the final 11 holes well enough to finish the round -3. That is a fabulous display of "in the zone" golf!

• 3545 points

Pretty Impressive! Didn't Arnold Palmer have holes-in-one on the same hole two consecutive days several years ago (may have even been in a tour event)?

•  

Over 56 years to get just one!  And still waiting for #2.  Awesome.  Excellent talent.

• 1466 points

All I know is if I got two hole in ones in a row I'm walking off the course and hitting up the mega millions with my life savings

•  

Statistically speaking it is 1 in 19,284,311,882.

•  

Wow! 19.2 billion to 1. What's your source Todd? In 1999, Golf Digest reported, "One insurance company puts a PGA Tour pro's chances at 1 in 3,756 and an amateur's at 1 in 12,750." That same issue reported that the "odds of an amateur making two holes-in-one in a round are 9,222,500 to 1." Back-to-back aces, I can believe it's 19.2 billion:1

• 2180 points

Wow that's insane.. Very cool story.. I'm still waiting on my first, if the odds are 1:12,750... I've got to be getting close :)

•  

Those odds might be a bit generous ToddL!

Would love to say it is impossible but a young guy in Australia had two holes in one in the same round this summer (although not sure whether consecutive par 3s) and I have definitely heard of it before.

Don't think I've ever heard of 3 in one round ... what would be the odds on than ?????????????????????????????

•  

Absolutely AMAZIN'