Forums

if you could only pick one spot.....

•  

CROCMAN
    Would just be rapt to get a ticket.

The atmosphere would be incredible.

Standing at the back of 10 when Scott rolled in that putt would have been every Aussie's dream.

•  

I have been to a few practice rounds but still hoping for a lottery ticket. I don't know if I could actually stay in one spot because the course is pretty and also I do like to move around some following certain players.

Difficult to answer when you can watch multiple holes all at once at home and not be locked to one particular spot.

•  

Mine would be on the 18th green or in-between the 2 holes that's greens are 75 yds apart form each other I think it is 15 16

•  

memphisunited
    If I had to stay in just one spot, it would be my couch.  I had unobstructed views of about 6 channels devoted to the Masters on Uverse.

I played more than I planned that weekend.  But Sunday was devoted to nothing but The Masters.  (After yardwork early) 

TT

• 544 points

For me it would be Thursday from the 15th grandstand with the multiple hole views.  

•  

memphisunited
    If I had to stay in just one spot, it would be my couch.  I had unobstructed views of about 6 channels devoted to the Masters on Uverse.

that's definitely not a bad place.  i'm debating if i want to go to the US Open this year or just watch from home.  as much fun as it is to go, you see more and invest less time by watching from home.

•  

Butler Cabin

• 296 points

I don't know how to answer because I'm a walker and like to follow and see all holes , but if I had to p[ick where most of the excitement and drama unfolds I'd say 15 &16.

•  

I'M NOT SURE ANY MORE, SINCE THEY BUILT THE BIG STANDS BEHIND 12 TEE, BUT WE USED TO SET UP ON THE HILL BEHIND THE TREES ON 13. THEN YOU COULD SEE 12 GREEN, 13 TEE AND FAIRWAY AND 13 GREEN.SPENT MANY HOURS UP THERE OVER THE YEARS.( I THINK I'VE BEEN 6-7 TIMES). YOU ALSO GOT SOME SHADE.

• 2756 points

12th green for sure.  16th green is a distant second for me.

• 1090 points

I would just like to go. Give me a ticket and tell me where I need to go for all I care. I have tried for years for practice round tickets but always come up a little short. I have a nice consolation proze though thanks to DirecTV. Their four additional channels in HD are a great way to *** four afternoons in April.

• 4617 points

I've only attended practice rounds- It is relatively easy to move around on these days and the vantage points are numerous. I enjoyed hanging out in the left side of the stands on 12 near tot he top where you can see the 12th hole, parts of 13...As for attending, believe it or not and I know it is shocking, but practice round tix are typically "available" at the right price in various "venues" around Augusta, i.e., parking lots and certain restaurants. Not sure if scalping is legal in Georgia, but tickets are typically not marked up too egregiously...Think of it as a round at a high end daily fee course, which, of ocurse Augusta National ain't!!