Forums

Master's Champion Dinner Menu

•  

When one is invited to a dinner to celebrate the past champion, it's generally good form to be appreciative and polite. Making rude comments about one's choices is simply rude.

I note that Mr. Nicklaus signed right over the center of the menu....

•  

Rick, what Nick say?

• 2781 points

Definitely a Bubba menu...liking the confetti cake!

•  

bholley
    It's not the food it's the company

agreed.  i would eat anything if it meant being at that dinner!

• 2762 points

Nick Faldo likening Bubba's menu to something from a fast-food outlet. "You had a year to decide on, grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, macaroni & cheese!!! #Happy-Meal #PlayLikeaChampion," he tweeted.

• 2762 points

TNT009
    Rick, what Nick say?

Nick Faldo likening Bubba's menu to something from a fast-food outlet. "You had a year to decide on, grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, macaroni & cheese!!! #Happy-Meal #PlayLikeaChampion," he tweeted.

I agree that the menu was somewhat lackluster but Faldo can be a bit crass at times with his comments.  Either way, it's really about the company, right?  What a list!  

•  

bholley
    It's not the food it's the company

I totally agree. What it would be like to be eating in that room? WOW!

• 4650 points

Mr. Faldo during today's telecast responded to a question about the Bubba Chsmpion's Dinner menu, on the national telecast, by stating that the only thing missing from the meal was a coloring book...do you think Nick Faldo is exemplifying the character and Mark of a Champion?! Not very classy Nick...

• 2180 points

Nicks comment didn't surprise me and neither did bubba's meal choice... It's suppose to be something personnel to the defending champ anyways right?

Like others have said, it's about the company not the food... And what if it was crazy good chicken? Nick mad it wasn't topped with caviar and a poached bald eagle egg?

• 2397 points

The signatures are col -- but if you re ever at Augusta for the Masters I suggest visiting - actually playing at Palmetto Golf Club ( www.palmettogolfclub.net ) established in 1892 and one of the oldest cc in the US.  It is in Aiken SC and only open to the public during Masters week.  They have a small "museum" room that has memorabilia including a napkin signed by attendees from earlier Masters dinners.  One has an unusual signature on it - in light of the men only policy.  The signature is *** Zacharias.  -- it is a small room but interesting to walk thru - the relationship is the course designer as well as the fact that the "member - guest at Palmetto was the weekend before Masters and the "guests were usually pros - and the opportunity to make some money.  I recommend the visit even if you do not play the course.  

•  

Looks like a basic menu - nothing over the top :-/

•  

Fred  I beat them to it that is what I had last night

• 3539 points

Sounds like a pretty good menu to me...maybe a little heavy on the starches but, its his meal, he earned it!

•  

Faldo complains about everything, I'm sure he complained about the green jacket being itchy when they put it on him. Champions dinner is for the champion to pick, end of story. If he wanted 5 Guys or Chipotle for dinner then so be it, you respect the Champion for what they want.

•  

pistolpete
    Mr. Faldo during today's telecast responded to a question about the Bubba Chsmpion's Dinner menu, on the national telecast, by stating that the only thing missing from the meal was a coloring book...do you think Nick Faldo is exemplifying the character and Mark of a Champion?! Not very classy Nick...

i heard that and was a little surprised.  but i think this involves more than just the dinner.  from i have read recently, a lot of the other pros don't like Bubba.  so maybe this was stemming from that.