Forums

The season begins again

•  

i cant wait for it to warm up a little bit here in ohio so i can play in shorts and i dont have to ware my jacket when i play

•  

zacho
    Last March we played three rounds here in R.I. This year it's not likely we will even get one round in. Can't wait for April to bring some good weather(I hope).

Last year by this time I had at least  5 - 6 rounds in and I don't play often!

•  

i was hoping to get my first round in this weekend, but after 2 weeks of my wife and daughter being sick, now i'm sick.   i guess staying home and watching basketball all weekend isn't a bad consolation prize.

• 5452 points

Snow showers falling this morning in CT - The Cape, according to my wife, is slated for a bit of the white stuff. Not funny...

•  

CROCMAN

Hey TNT and golferdrmjr, what's a round at Torrey set you back? Are both courses open to all?

CROCMAN, we're both lucky enough to be city residents, so we get the city rates. They are about a third the price of regular rack rates. The South runs from $183 to $229 and the North from $100 to $125, these are the rack rates. And yes they are open to all. As a matter of fact, while I was waiting in line to pay, there were two guys from OZ waiting to play. 

Cheers,

Don

• 4565 points

Last spring was much improved for us northerners (im in western NY by the way).  This year we have a solid month in front of us before we can even think about playing.  There is still snow on the ground as I type this!  Fortunately for us - we have the PGA Championship coming to town and I'm working on being there at least for Saturday (Sunday tickets have all been long gone).

I went and swung my clubs for the first time yesterday - felt better than anticipated.  Working on my setup some to hopefully start the year nowhere near as rusty as normal!

• 2781 points

Like most of you I am going stir crazy with all this snow in the northeast.  I have been watching the weather updates on my phone every few hours for a glimmer of hope so we can start golfing again.

• 4565 points

We've picked up another 2 inches of snow so far with no signs of it letting up!  I guess the only silver lining is that I'll get out on my snowboard again tomorrow :)

• 5452 points

Wheelez3030
    i cant wait for it to warm up a little bit here in ohio so i can play in shorts and i dont have to ware my jacket when i play

Not going to be shorts weather here on the Cape today!

• 4565 points

That looks just like us!

• 5452 points

Its melting fast, but not fast enough...

•  

Best thing about south Texas ... Year round golf

;-)

•  

Yeah I'm in the process of re-gripping my ice scraper in Boston. Last year I had half a dozen rounds in.  Luckily my job sent me to Fla and Cali a couple of times, but this winter has been no bueno. I've been asking my wife "why do we live here again..."

•  

O.K. ToddL, here's some "warming up" photo's from Coronado this morning...

This is the par 3 15th, about 9:45 am. The Hotel Del Coronado is behind the trees on the right, easy to see from the green. The last three holes run alongside the San Diego bay. It's hard to tell in the photo, but those are boat masts in the background.

This photo is looking back down the 18th fairway. On the other side of the water is the Navy Seals Training Center. You often get to see them doing some kind of training exercises in the water between the 17th hole and their base. Today they had a half dozen boats in the water practicing maneuvers of some type. You also can watch the LPGA event on GolfChannel. They are playing at Aviara, 30 minutes up the coast in what we call North County.  Enjoy!  

•  

Don is the man!