Forums

Im back......again!!!!

• 2180 points

So PistolPete... Your one of "THOSE GUYS".. do your thighs produce 275ish hp? ;)

I've sled in whistler before also.. great area.. Pretty much all of BC is amazing.. Wish the winter wasn't over though.. was pretty slow in most of the area for avg snowfall this year

• 5031 points

Heh heh heh..don't tell anyone about the "hills" of BC Rebel.let's keep thid bit of winter paradise as unknown as possible! And plent of room out there for ALL modes of conveyance! My nephew spent a couple of wintwrs at Colorado ski resorts driving Sno Cat grooming machines. Gotta embrace the crazy it takes to drive downhill steeps at night smoothing out the accumulated bumps of a zillion skiers...his favorite slopes were the ones where they needed to winch the machines DOWN the slope - c3zy! I cannot believe your machines pack 275 HP! My car has a mere 160 HP (light pressure turbo 4 cylinder in a Swedish brand no longer made). On the flats, how fast can you go???!

• 2180 points

Well it doesn't get there without some boost.. Hahaha.. Actually mountain sleds aren't known for their speed.. It's geared so its top speed is around 78mph...but it will get to that speed extremely fast.. We do this we can carry a higher track speed with the available torque which in turn moves more snow with the track faster.. Moving snow has roughly the same bouancy that water does. This added track speed helps us stay above the snow better..