Forums

Favorite Golfer To Play a Round With

•  

I don't know if this topic has ever been brought up so if it has been, please delete Mr. Administrator.  

I would love to play a round with Jack Nicklaus. Still today he holds the  record for most  major wins. I had the pleasure of meeting Jack in the 80's. Got a picture with him & we chatted for a few minutes. What a class act!

•  

i'd say Arnie, Player, Jack, or Trevino.  i have a feeling the older guys would be more likely to tell stories than some of the more current players.

•  

Lee Trevino or my dad.

TT

•  

Feherty

• 1062 points

Billy Casper....Get to play a couple of holes with him and Jonny Miller each year, but to be able to play the whole 18...priceless..  Billy is often left out of alot of great golf conversations.  He is a great Ambassador to the game.  

•  

cleanfan
    Feherty

cleanfan, that's a great time!

For me, I think given that we're dreaming this up, I'll take advantage of it and log the foursome as:

1. my Brother

2. my Dad

3. my Step Dad

4. I'll drive up and meet them at Cypress Point (Aaahhhhhh.....!!!!!)

•  

Seve Ballesteros.

Maybe a day in the sky. God bless him.

•  

Seve Ballesteros.

Maybe a day in the sky. God bless him.

•  

I would think Fuzzy Zoeller would be terrific as a playing partner, given his lighthearted attitude and easy tongue.  My other choice would be Fred Couples.

• 5177 points

Bobby Jones and/or Sam Snead for me...

•  

pulplvr
    I would think Fuzzy Zoeller would be terrific as a playing partner, given his lighthearted attitude and easy tongue.  My other choice would be Fred Couples.

i would like either of those partners.  but i'm curious how much Freddy would open up.  i'd be afraid he would treat it like another corporate outing.  i'd like to play with Tiger or Rory and here what it's like to be the best and some stories i'm sure they have.  but i doubt they would tell anything worth it.

•  

The ultimate foursome is hard enough to pick let alone favourite golfer.

If I had to chose one in their prime it would be Hogan followed closely by Nicklaus and/or Palmer (see, still can't narrow it down) purely for the fact that I didn't see much of them on TV unlike all my modern day idols.

• 2742 points

Lee Trevino or Fred Couples would be a round to remember.

•  

Charlie Sifford and Calvin Peete and Jim Thorpe!

•  

I'd like to play with either Jack or Freddie...bet there would be some funny stories by Lee Trevino though...