Forums

Snowageddon has arrived.

•  

It appears that the storm that has put a halt to the Accenture Match Play event has reached KC. We are already at 8" with 2-3" an hout expected for a while.

• 1062 points

Dusted by Southern Utah....Where we played last Saturday in 64 degree weather, and yesterday we had rain/snow mix and it hit a blamy 36 for the day....Hate SNOW!!!!!

•  

We got the bottom of that storm to about 2" yesterday.  Then thunder hail last night along with freezing rain.  But back in the 60's this weekend.

TT

•  

It doesn't rain in Phoenix, but apparently it DOES snow!

•  

We know from years ago that it does snow in Phoenix as the Wast Management was delayed by frost and light snow.  This time, though, it's Tucson that got the snow.  I remember snow in the winter in Arizona when I was stationed in the Army there, but never very much or for very long.  It's quite a sight to see the snow-covered saguaro.  But today, the forecast for Dove Mountain is 70 degrees and sunny.  Go figure.

• 223 points

Just waiting for the snow to come in Iowa, they already have the schools dismissing at 12:30.  Stay safe everyone!

•  

Wind in Hawaii.. Fog in San Diego.. Snow in Arizona!

Gotta feel bad for what's awaiting them in Florida!

•  

Tar Heel

It doesn't rain in Phoenix, but apparently it DOES snow!

It does rain in Phoenix, it's called monsoon deluge ! You get 1/2 of an inch in 20 minutes, not very fun. 

•  

waiting here in Michigan for the 6-9 they are saying will start tomorrow...guess we're getting paid back for the lame winter we had last year...

•  

I hope you all make it through safely and don't get as much as expected.  Its been a tough winter as far as snow.

•  

We are getting some much needed rain.  And it will continue through tomorrow.

TT

•  

From looking at your new avitar, it looks like Phil may have the same Rolex you have on...nice work!

•  

Snowmageddon Part 2 is starting now. As if 13.5" in 5 hours the other day and a couple of more overnight wasn't bad enough, they have forecast another 12" for southwest KC metro tonight. At least I should be in good shape for golf season.

• 5061 points

From the frozen sands of Cape Cod (actually, thawed out a bit today with temps in the 40s) to the socked in and snowy Midwest and Upper Midwest, we feel your pain...Hope the lights and power aren't casualties and stay safe - All the precip will make lush spring time conditions...I hope!!

• 2781 points

pistolpete
    From the frozen sands of Cape Cod (actually, thawed out a bit today with temps in the 40s) to the socked in and snowy Midwest and Upper Midwest, we feel your pain...Hope the lights and power aren't casualties and stay safe - All the precip will make lush spring time conditions...I hope!!

I hope you are right! All this moisture will make the courses nice an green!