Forums

My DIY project - Vokeys :-)

•  

looks nice Justin...

•  

ebay has some good prices on them.

Justin, what kind of hammer did you use?  did you just use a regular hammer or a small sledge or rubber mallet??  also, how hard did you have to hit it??

•  

OUTIGER
    tdogg21OUTIGERI refilled my wedges today.  Sharpie makes a paint marker now.  Real easy to use.  Then just wipe of the excess with a q-tip and alcohol.

TT

i've also heard finger nail polish is good.  easy clean up and just about any color you would ever want.

You might ask Randy on the finger nail polish.  Pretty sure he uses pink on his fingers and toes.     lol

TT

whatever a lefty does is his business.

•  

Justin, very cool!

•  

OUTIGER
    shaun13Looks great Justin, and if TT knows one thing it is where to find the alcohol needed to wipe off that extra paint!! LOL

Who loves ya buddy.

You know I wouldn't waste the good stuff on that Shaun.  But the crown was not far while I was doing it.

TT

Smart man!

•  

Sharpie makes an extra fine paint pen that might work for marking the scoring line on a wedge.

•  

i say use nail polish on the stamps for color that is what i use on my wedges and all you do is put it on let it dry and wipe off the access with nail polis remover.

• 5531 points

Justin - You are oh do wise to engrave your wedge with your better half's name...While it won't stop the assault when you announce the three day guys-only golf extravaganza, you can at least point to your wedge to let her know you are ALWAYS thinking of her!

Nice work!!

•  

i used a medium tip Paint Pen from Elmers.  Trust me they work perfect.  I actual wiped with Acetone on a paper towel similar to the video and it worked without taking away the paint from the letters.

Wal Mart sells the Elmers paint pens in 5 packs... can't get much easier than that.  

@ Tim D, I used a mini sledge.  And Trust me you want to hit it pretty hard.  If you don't it's hard to get the stamp in the right place the second time and it will look sloppy.

• 520 points

Justin, that looks great. I've been doing my own paint-fill for a few years now but have never tried stamping. I might be getting into it after seeing yours!

• 2777 points

Nice job Justin!

•  

Sweet!!!

Send updated pic with the paint fill.....

-ICONs for All

•  

did you change the color of any of the other paint fill?  let's see some finished pics!

•  

Hey Justin, pretty well done.

Has it helped your performance at all?

•  

Croc, courses are closed here in the midwest due to winter until about mid to late March (fingers crossed!!)