Forums

My DIY project - Vokeys :-)

• 2781 points

Nice job with the custom stamping.

•  

Thanks guys!  Yeah I for better each time.  My 60* that us stamped for my son is the best due to not being afraid of hitting it!

I am going to upgrade to some Young Bros stamps like the Tour Van.  The cheap ones aren't cut as sharp..

Just used Painters pens by Elmer's and wipe with acetone to get the excess off.  I will look for the YouTube video I think Scott (Memphis) posted a year or so ago.

•  

Well done Justin. It looks great.

•  

808, I used a cheap stamp set (1/8" letters).  But I am definitely buying a set from Young Brothers!!  

Watch this video and you'll know how they do it in the Tour Van.  www.youtube.com/watch

•  

OUTIGER
    I refilled my wedges today.  Sharpie makes a paint marker now.  Real easy to use.  Then just wipe of the excess with a q-tip and alcohol.

TT

Thanks Tim. Will those work for refilling the first groove with paint?

•  

Looks great Justin, and if TT knows one thing it is where to find the alcohol needed to wipe off that extra paint!! LOL

Who loves ya buddy.

•  

Justin, Looking sharpe! Almost looks too good to use on the course.

•  

Justin, the wedge looks great.  Do you plan on filling them in with colors too or just leave the stamping raw?  How long did it take you to go through the stamping process?  Very interesting venture, you may have yourself a side business here.

•  

fredcloss
    OUTIGERI refilled my wedges today.  Sharpie makes a paint marker now.  Real easy to use.  Then just wipe of the excess with a q-tip and alcohol.

TTThanks Tim. Will those work for refilling the first groove with paint?

Not sure Fred, I don't try and redo the grooves.

TT

•  

shaun13
    Looks great Justin, and if TT knows one thing it is where to find the alcohol needed to wipe off that extra paint!! LOL

Who loves ya buddy.

You know I wouldn't waste the good stuff on that Shaun.  But the crown was not far while I was doing it.

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    I refilled my wedges today.  Sharpie makes a paint marker now.  Real easy to use.  Then just wipe of the excess with a q-tip and alcohol.

TT

i've also heard finger nail polish is good.  easy clean up and just about any color you would ever want.

•  

fredcloss
    OUTIGERI refilled my wedges today.  Sharpie makes a paint marker now.  Real easy to use.  Then just wipe of the excess with a q-tip and alcohol.

TTThanks Tim. Will those work for refilling the first groove with paint?

probably have better luck with a tooth pick and paint.

•  

tdogg21

TT

i've also heard finger nail polish is good.  easy clean up and just about any color you would ever want.

You might ask Randy on the finger nail polish.  Pretty sure he uses pink on his fingers and toes.     lol

TT

•  

Just picked up a set of 0-8 1/8" Young Brothers stamps on ebay.

•  

BostonBuzza
    Justin, the wedge looks great.  Do you plan on filling them in with colors too or just leave the stamping raw?  How long did it take you to go through the stamping process?  Very interesting venture, you may have yourself a side business here.

Thanks!  it's filled with white paint.  If you leave it raw it'll rust I'm sure.

It only took maybe 30 min at most.