Forums

would you want this at your course??

•  

www.golfdigest.com/.../-by-john-strege-follow-2.html

•  

We actually have something similar to this at one of our little muny courses. There is a par 3 with a camera that you can pay a nominal amount to win a prize for a hole in one. Unfortunately, I can't remember the actual amount you could win.

•  

Very cool, although I have to say I wouldn't pay $250 for a chance to win a $1M considering I still have not had a hole in one.  I would bet this would generate some revenue for the courses that did have it on their par 3's.  Even if it was to win a closest to the hole event for a daily prize.

Thanks for sharing and nice pick up.

-Brian

•  

Nothing like this at any courses I play regularly or have visited during my travels.....

•  

I think that might be pretty cool. I never pass up on an opertunity to win some cash :-)

•  

I would love this at my course!!!!! My two holes in one are at the same hole, about 9 months apart. I would drop 5-10 bucks everytime I place it at a chance to win some $$$

• 2781 points

This is an interesting concept.  With the guys I play with this thing would generate some serious revenue!

•  

There's one of these at a fun little executive course in Kansas City -- on their signature hole with a heart-shaped green, no less. I think it generates some nice cash for them.

•  

Never seen this before but with the crisis this could be a way to earn some extra money.

• 784 points

Very interesting...wish we had something like this set up here in North Jersey golf courses.  It def could generate extra revenue for the municipal courses and semi private courses as well...and maybe they'll lower their green fees...lol

•  

I do not think it would fit in at my course.  My opinion would be save that kind of stuff for charity events.

• 36 points

Could generate money for courses in trouble...might be fun...

•  

And we complain about "Slow Play" now....

The time it would take to process this transaction (selection, payment, play, measure, document, etc.) would have a line to the previous tee.

-ICONs for All

•  

thomas alston iii
    And we complain about "Slow Play" now....

The time it would take to process this transaction (selection, payment, play, measure, document, etc.) would have a line to the previous tee.

-ICONs for All

Good point. Par 3s are always backed up, anyway. This would be just another distraction.

•  

i did something like this years ago at John Daly's course in Niagara Falls Canada...didn't have to make a hole in one but just get it into a circle on the green...won a free round but never went back again so it was a bit of a waste of $$$...i think i'd do it locally for a chance to win some cash or free golf...