Forums

Pro V1 & Pro V1X

• 2762 points

Titrleist appears to be unveiling their prototype ball that manyy of us had the chance to play late last year to the masses.  I really like the new V1X and it should help lower my score around the greens this spring. 

http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/archive/2013/01/24/introducing-the-2013-titleist-pro-v1-and-pro-v1x-performance-is-for-every-player.aspx

•  

I saw that and was wondering if out feedback helped them go ahead with the next generation of Pro V's

•  

Certain it validated some of what Touring Pros spoke of.

•  

i cant wait until they come out

• 2762 points

If you consider Titleist's V1 & V1X ball sales it would be interesting to know what the ratio is (Pro/Amateur % -to-other %).  I'm pretty sure Titleist designs these two ball for the professional so they maintain premium product placement (#1 Ball in Golf) but being able to demonstrate longer distance, more control and softer feel certainly appeals to the masses which is probably a very large percent of sales if I had to guess.  I got a few sleeves through Team Titleist and filled out the survey for each.  They must put a value on that even knowing that I'm not a low handicapper as I seem to always get solicited for feedback from them of which I'm happy to provide.  

Anyone have any insight on golf ball sales?

• 3627 points

It's hard to imagine they could improve the existing ball all that much, considering it's already the best ball out there IMO. Looking forward to trying the new one out though.

• 1344 points

I have a box of the new X's sitting at home, wanted to try them last weekend but caught the Flu :( Should get out and give them a go this weekend!

•  

I thought they were terrific.  I noticed a 5 yard +/- difference in most shots.  They also felt better off the face of the club.

•  

Don't know about the design differences, but I did notice just today that Titleist has initiated a Sweepstakes for personalized 2013 Pro-vi and Pro-vix balls.  Grand Prize winner gets 6 dozen; weekly (2nd place) winners get 1 dozen each.  Check it out.

•  

PatCCraig
    It's hard to imagine they could improve the existing ball all that much, considering it's already the best ball out there IMO. Looking forward to trying the new one out though.

I like the current ProV1X ok, but the current ProV1 will not work for me on a windy day.  That thing is one of the least stable balls in the wind I've played.  The X is better, but still not great.  That being said, the "Test"  ball I played with this fall (black numbers so I'm assuming ProV1) is remarkably better than the current ProV1.  Much more stable in the wind, doesn't balloon when hitting directly into the wind, but still has the drop-and-stop capability that we all love from the ProV1.  I'm looking forward to testing a sleeve each of the new ProV1 and ProV1X with my current ball.

• 609 points

Smithjss
    Titleist appears to be unveiling their prototype ball that manyy of us had the chance to play late last year to the masses. 

I got a sleeve of those "test" balls last fall but it was so late in the year when I go them that my golf season was over.  I felt I sort of shirked Titleist by not being able to get out and give them a true test.

•  

theres too much snow on the ground for me to worry about the new pro v's at this time...for those of you that can play right now let me know how the new balls perform compared to last years...