Forums

Baltimore/Washington Golf Show

•  

if any of you are in the Baltimore/Washington area this weekend, there is a golf show at the Maryland Fairgrounds in Towson.  Micheal Breed from the Golf Channel will be there along with some other teaching pros (i think i read they will offer free lessons).  plus there is suppose to be a lot of equipment available to demo.  i plan to go, so if there is anyone else in the area going, let me know.

•  

im not going to be there but i am going to the columbus one

•  

wish I were in the area...love a good golf show...

•  

well i didn't make it.  my wife wasn't feeling that great lately and even though she offered to go, i figured it would be better to stay home.  but the show comes back to DC next month.  so hopefully with more time to plan, i will be able to make it.

•  

I used to attend the golf show in Dulles (in VA outside DC) every year, often with my late brother.  Gave us an opportunity to get a mid-winter swing check, listen to some interesting folks on the stage, check out club/shoe/apparel deals (usually previous season's closeouts), and meet some great people.  We also used the show to review possible outing locations or vacations, as many of the region's resorts were represented.  Don't have anything like it here in the Houston area, that I've found, anyway.

•  

pulplvr
    I used to attend the golf show in Dulles (in VA outside DC) every year, often with my late brother.  Gave us an opportunity to get a mid-winter swing check, listen to some interesting folks on the stage, check out club/shoe/apparel deals (usually previous season's closeouts), and meet some great people.  We also used the show to review possible outing locations or vacations, as many of the region's resorts were represented.  Don't have anything like it here in the Houston area, that I've found, anyway.

That's good to hear! I haven't been to this yet and it's nice to hear it shouldn't be a bust. Hopefully I'll make it to the Dulles show in February. I might need a "winter break" by then.

•  

My brother and I did go to the show at the Timonium Fairgrounds one year, but were not as pleased as we were with the Dulles show.

•  

pulplvr
    My brother and I did go to the show at the Timonium Fairgrounds one year, but were not as pleased as we were with the Dulles show.

that's good to know.  sounds like my "unluckyness" of last weekend might actually work out for the better.

i think you should come back to DC in February and go to the show with me Ted!

•  

Not going to happen, Tim.  As much as it would be nice to meet you there, I'll have to let you enjoy the day by yourself.  Sorry, my friend.  Just don't expect to see a lot of new stuff, other than resorts and golf gimmicks.