Forums

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!!

•  

OK, I know a lot of you who at this time of the year would be happy to have a chance to play right now. Living in the deep south I have more opportunity to play during the winter than most of you. This is not meant to sound like a complaint but for God's sake would it stop raining. We have had a little over 12.5" of rain since Dec,1st.with almost 5" since yesterday & more forecast for today & tom. It's been carts on path(which I hate) now for 2 months & it looks like it will be April before that changes.   Geezzzzzz

OK, Thanks for letting me rant & I wish all of you up Nawth a chance to play real soon.

• 5046 points

Here on Cape Cod in Massachusetts the snow is melting but the ground..she is still frozen!! I'm not crying for you Nelbass, not yet...though that is a hellacious amount of rain...

•  

C'mon, you're on The FJ site, put hat rain gear on and beast the ball!

•  

Your kidding, right? LOL

•  

You joking right? LOL

•  

TNT009

The rain is one thing (I've got rain gear, etc. to cover that) but the thunderstorms that have been rolling through down here lately have been causing the most issues.   Plus, the courses have gotten a little soggy (and by a little, I mean a LOT, and that's on courses that drain fairly well).  I'm usually not one to complain much about rain either, but I'd love for it to go away and come back in July when we really need it.  

•  

TNT009

amen to that

•  

7.34" of rain  for the first 10 days of January & it's still raining!!!  Like GT said rain is one thing , thunderstorms & the fact that all the courses in town are just one big lake makes it impossible to even think of playing. 10 day forecast is calling for rain from Sat. till next Friday. Might have to go buy a wet suit & take up water golfing!! LOL

•  

Could be worse.  We are about 12" behind on rain fall.  It's in the forecast but always seems to sneak on by with just a brief shower.

TT

• 2712 points

Actually the snow has melted on a few of our courses in R.I. and with the temp hitting 50 this week we will be getting some swings in with temporary greens.

•  

That's cool zacho..enjoy!!

•  

Stop worrying about the things you can't control. Worry about the things you can control. C'mon be positive.  Read the golfball thing GGG posted.  Yes it can be a drag. Plan a golf trip.  

• 2771 points

For any Delta Crown Room members this is a sweet deal for a nice golf trip.  Wife and I are thinking about locking one in.

Hello Mr. Smith,

As a Delta Sky Club® member, enjoy unlimited golf at Sea Island on Georgia's coast when you book a two-night stay at The Lodge from now until February 28, 2013.

With luxury accommodations at the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Lodge and three championship golf courses, you'll be surrounded by nothing but gracious hospitality and lush greens.

Take advantage of access to Seaside, Plantation or Retreat courses, as well as a forecaddie and cart for one round per day. Enjoy one day of unlimited golf for each night booked. The more nights you stay, the more you play.

Double Package — Starting at $375

Stay includes accommodations, an exclusive gift and unlimited golf for you and a guest.

Single Package — Starting at $325

Package includes accommodations, an exclusive gift and golf for one.

• 5046 points

Smithjss
    For any Delta Crown Room members this is a sweet deal for a nice golf trip.  Wife and I are thinking about locking one in.

Hello Mr. Smith,

As a Delta Sky Club® member, enjoy unlimited golf at Sea Island on Georgia's coast when you book a two-night stay at The Lodge from now until February 28, 2013.

With luxury accommodations at the Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Lodge and three championship golf courses, you'll be surrounded by nothing but gracious hospitality and lush greens.

Take advantage of access to Seaside, Plantation or Retreat courses, as well as a forecaddie and cart for one round per day. Enjoy one day of unlimited golf for each night booked. The more nights you stay, the more you play.

Double Package — Starting at $375

Stay includes accommodations, an exclusive gift and unlimited golf for you and a guest.

Single Package — Starting at $325

Package includes accommodations, an exclusive gift and golf for one.

This is indeed, a great deal! Heck, It is worth paying the $ to join Delta's Crown Room program even if you aren't a Delta frequent flyer or haven"t accumulated enough legs/miles to qualify...

Great post..!!