Forums

Optishot Simulator

•  

My sons were going to purchase one of these Optishot simulators for me as a Christmas present (they told me of the plan - on Christmas day). I was pleasantly surprised to hear of their "gifting" ideas but, no Optishot.... I inquired as to why they did not and their reply was it did not seem to be "that good" (this was information they had gathered from feedback online and golf shops). Has anyone owned, used or heard of the performance characteristics of the Optishot?

Also, Enter the OptiShot Golf Simulator Giveaway! http://www.facebook.com/dancindogg/app_208585222608866

https://www.facebook.com/dancindogg/app_208585222608866 

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Roger Maltbie say's it rocks ! No seriously, I was hoping you got it and were going to tell us it whether it was worth it.

• 335 points

I have one, and owned it for over 2 years now....... I can tell you I have never tried it once.  My dad played on it a handful of times says its ok

•  

I have a friend that has a golf room...this is more for amusement than serious analysis of one's game IMHO.  I have TRACKMAN and other more sophisticated programs that are for analytics, Optishot does a fun job of allowing users to have FUN...so just keep this in perspective...it is like a video game essentially IMO.

•  

Sounds like a great idea but the only reason I would have an indoor hitting area would be to stay loose during the winter months, and work on things that don't rely on me seeing the ball flight (chips, pitches, etc.). My eyes are the best simulator I have.

• 2781 points

There are a few places around me that have simulators to keep your game fresh during the winter months and they only use optishot simulators for the "driving range" and more advanced simulators (i.e. with trackman) for actually playing

•  

Joe_Izzo
    I have one, and owned it for over 2 years now....... I can tell you I have never tried it once.  My dad played on it a handful of times says its ok

The simulator you have at work is just a touch better...

•  

You are lucky enough to play just about any course inside the box when you can.  I would think it is a bit better than OptiShot based on my experience.

Joe, thank you so much for being such a great ambassador.  FJ is very lucky to have you as an employee.  You are truly a professional and I really appreciate all that you have done for me with the testing.

Happy New Years,

-Brian

•  

I've wanted to get the optishot for my garage, but I haven't yet. Im kind of bored hitting balls into the net, I need something fun to look at and aim for.

Happy New Years to everyone!

•  

We have used the Optishot a lot the last 2 years. We use the practice range feature a lot and it's accurate. The latest update has made it much better in that you can customize the physics and environment. We love it for bad weather days or "just too darn hot" days. If you hit a good shot, it will be demonstrated - the same with bad shots. It's not a "Trackman", but it does work very well.

•  

i've been thinking about getting one the last two winters.  you have to keep in mind it's much cheaper than a "pro" simulator.  but with that said, the time i tried it, i liked it.  not as good as real golf, but better than no golf.