Forums

FJ CHRISTMAS PRESENTS

•  

I too am fortunate as the wife consented to let me get the final shirt ordered by our Pro. He had ordered 3 shirts so that I could get the embroidery done on the collar. What he failed to tell me is that he didn't order the third shirt for himself, but for me. It seems he doesn't wear an XL and so I now have 3 great Pro Dry lisle solids in pink, hunter green and red, all with the FJ logo on the collar. A great way to start the newyear.

•  

BRUCE
    WELL MY WIFE AND I CHANGED THINGS AROUND A BIT THIS YEAR.  WE DECIDED THAT WE WOULD ONLY GIVE PRESENTS TO THE GRANDKIDS THIS YEAR.....NO PRESENTS TO EACH OTHER OR OUR CHILDREN.  MAY SOUND A LITTLE CRUEL BUT WITH THE COST OF EVERYTHING GOING UP AND UP, MY MEDICAL DEDUCTIBLES AND CO-PAYS FROM MY SURGERY AND US BEING ON A FIXED INCOME, WE DECIDED THAT IT WAS BEST.  WHAT WE DID HAVE TO SPEND AFTER BUYING FOR THE GRAND KIDS, WE GAVE TO A FAMILY MY WIFE KNOWS WHO HAS HAD A STRETCH OF REALLY BAD TIMES..............ILLNESS AND UNEMPLOYMENT FOR THE HUSBAND FOR SOME PERIOD OF TIME.  NOT SAYING THIS FOR ANY OTHER REASON BUT IT REALLY BLESSED US TO GIVE THEM SOME MONEY WHEN THEY REALLY NEEDED IT.  2 DAYS AFTER WE GAVE THEM THE MONEY, THE WIFE CALLED US AND TOLD US THAT HER HUSBAND HAD BEEN CRYING OVER OUR GIFT FOR 2 DAYS.  SHE TOLD MY WIFE THAT NOBODY HAD EVER DONE ANYTHING REALLY NICE FOR THEM AND THAT THEY WERE SO GRATEFUL.  THAT PHONE CALL MADE IT ALL WORTHWHILE KNOWING THAT OUR GIFT WAS SO APPRECIATED.  

WHETHER IT IS CHRISTMAS OR NOT, WE ALL SHOULD FIND SOMEONE WHO WOULD BE BLESSED BY OUR GIVING.  I WILL GLADLY DO IT AGAIN.

MAY THIS SEASON BLESS ALL OF YOU.

GRAMPS AND JUDI EMRICH

BRUCE
    WELL MY WIFE AND I CHANGED THINGS AROUND A BIT THIS YEAR.  WE DECIDED THAT WE WOULD ONLY GIVE PRESENTS TO THE GRANDKIDS THIS YEAR.....NO PRESENTS TO EACH OTHER OR OUR CHILDREN.  MAY SOUND A LITTLE CRUEL BUT WITH THE COST OF EVERYTHING GOING UP AND UP, MY MEDICAL DEDUCTIBLES AND CO-PAYS FROM MY SURGERY AND US BEING ON A FIXED INCOME, WE DECIDED THAT IT WAS BEST.  WHAT WE DID HAVE TO SPEND AFTER BUYING FOR THE GRAND KIDS, WE GAVE TO A FAMILY MY WIFE KNOWS WHO HAS HAD A STRETCH OF REALLY BAD TIMES..............ILLNESS AND UNEMPLOYMENT FOR THE HUSBAND FOR SOME PERIOD OF TIME.  NOT SAYING THIS FOR ANY OTHER REASON BUT IT REALLY BLESSED US TO GIVE THEM SOME MONEY WHEN THEY REALLY NEEDED IT.  2 DAYS AFTER WE GAVE THEM THE MONEY, THE WIFE CALLED US AND TOLD US THAT HER HUSBAND HAD BEEN CRYING OVER OUR GIFT FOR 2 DAYS.  SHE TOLD MY WIFE THAT NOBODY HAD EVER DONE ANYTHING REALLY NICE FOR THEM AND THAT THEY WERE SO GRATEFUL.  THAT PHONE CALL MADE IT ALL WORTHWHILE KNOWING THAT OUR GIFT WAS SO APPRECIATED.  

WHETHER IT IS CHRISTMAS OR NOT, WE ALL SHOULD FIND SOMEONE WHO WOULD BE BLESSED BY OUR GIVING.  I WILL GLADLY DO IT AGAIN.

GRAMPS AND JUDI EMRICH

BRUCE

GRAMPS AND JUDI EMRICH

That was a wonderful and gracious thing you did for that family. May God bless you for the thoughtfulness and caring you gave to those folks.
    BRUCE

GRAMPS AND JUDI EMRICH

•  

I received 6 pairs of FJ dress argyle socks and a black merino wool FJ sweater vest from my daughter and son-in-law.  I also received a personalized dozen Pro-v1x from one sister-in-law.  Helps when you let folks know in advance what FJ or other golf stuff you want and will use, right, Fred?

•  

I got an FJ base layer (white), and a light rain gear, FJ.  I played Santa my self.

•  

Come on Fred no skid lids, English driving caps, newsboy caps, or Hogans should be worn inside. Only  a women when it is a integral part of her outfit or if you are good old Jolly Saint Nick. Speaking of the Saint here is a little bit of yuletide knowledge which should serve you youngsters well especially Tim who probably visits these establishments on a regular basis.

Once long ago in the small town where Nicholas dwelt a man had fallen on hard times. He was unable to provide his 3 daughters with an appropriate dowry. In those days if a family could not provide a dowry they were often sold into slavery. Nicholas heard of the problem and being of some wealth he waited until nightfall and threw 3 bags of gold into the man's house, thus saving his daughters.

Because of his guarantee of payment he became the Patron Saint of Pawnbrokers. This is still honored to this day unbeknownst to most pawnbrokers by the three stylized balls symbolizing the 3 bags of gold provided by Nicholas. Bet you didn't know that.

Now everybody chip in a few bucks so Tim can get his clubs out of hock.

•  

Is that underwear? Didn't even know FJ made them. Guess that is really FJ head to toe.

•  

I received an original gift from a friend who decided to joke with me.

•  

Here is a quick pic of some FJ, Scotty, and Vokey shirts under the tree for me from the wife, kids, and dog.

•  

Lusogolf
    I received an original gift from a friend who decided to joke with me.

Is that endorsed by Josh G. since he is on the cover?

And Bruce, I would hock my kids before my clubs.

TT

•  

pulplvr
    I received 6 pairs of FJ dress argyle socks and a black merino wool FJ sweater vest from my daughter and son-in-law.  I also received a personalized dozen Pro-v1x from one sister-in-law.  Helps when you let folks know in advance what FJ or other golf stuff you want and will use, right, Fred?

Absolutely! We need to come down to Houston and play in our latest FJ stuff. Maybe next week.

•  

bholley
    Come on Fred no skid lids, English driving caps, newsboy caps, or Hogans should be worn inside. Only  a women when it is a integral part of her outfit or if you are good old Jolly Saint Nick. Speaking of the Saint here is a little bit of yuletide knowledge which should serve you youngsters well especially Tim who probably visits these establishments on a regular basis.

Once long ago in the small town where Nicholas dwelt a man had fallen on hard times. He was unable to provide his 3 daughters with an appropriate dowry. In those days if a family could not provide a dowry they were often sold into slavery. Nicholas heard of the problem and being of some wealth he waited until nightfall and threw 3 bags of gold into the man's house, thus saving his daughters.

Because of his guarantee of payment he became the Patron Saint of Pawnbrokers. This is still honored to this day unbeknownst to most pawnbrokers by the three stylized balls symbolizing the 3 bags of gold provided by Nicholas. Bet you didn't know that.

Now everybody chip in a few bucks so Tim can get his clubs out of hock.

Good story Bruce and I agree, but the newsboy came in from Murphy's of Ireland for Christmas and had to be in the picture.

•  

OUTIGER
    LusogolfI received an original gift from a friend who decided to joke with me.

Is that endorsed by Josh G. since he is on the cover?

And Bruce, I would hock my kids before my clubs.

TT

That's the secret to the napa one putt.  Practice while taking a no. 2

•  

Tim you are indeed a smart man. If you find a place that will let you hock kids let me know.

•  

Send the NAPA to Oklahoma so I can practice...  haha

TT

•  

Your generosity is heartfelt and so very touching, Bruce. You surely know the meaning behind this season of giving !

For the last 10 years I have been donating gifts as one of Santa’s Elves to Family & Children’s Services here in CT.  The gifts are for foster children and other at risk children which include, impoverished, severely handicapped and others struggling with illness.

This year the three children I shopped for are struggling with illness and had requests for basics such as shoes, clothing, hat gloves with toys at the bottom of the list… How can you just pick one thing on their list? For me it is impossible so three Glittering Snowman Gift Bags were filled with all the items on each of their lists….It is an especially wonderful feeling to be able support this program. I am already awaiting next year’s call to participate !!!

And as for what the FJ Santa left for me  - This Fleece Earband in my stocking

And a Certificated for this Purple Ladies Golf Polo (on order) under the tree  !