Forums

Chasing the Dream

•  

I just finished watching this series and I really enjoyed it.  There were times that you could tell were "set-up", but honestly, I think it was at least as "real" as any TV show.  did anyone else watch it?  what were your thoughts?  do either have a future in golf?

• 2781 points

I enjoyed the show as well.  I think Robbie has the better chance at getting on tour out of the two.  Chris seems to have had his time and gets really down on him self very easy.

•  

I love Shank, good guy , better golfer then they showed. I wish he had the Big C on the course, he might be on the tour or at least web tour.  He is a good person. that date he was set up with a model, who was on the date to promote her website and be on TV, kind of fake.

Chris, didn't like him or his game. I think his glory days are behind him. He could not have fun on the golf course really the whole season. I hope he is not that grating in person.  He is not like Shank, he has a great business to fall back on and he know's it. 

•  

I liked the show. Didn't care too much for Chris Anderson but it could have been the nature of the show; he was so hard on himself and seemed a little cocky to me at times. Pros practice a lot, he didn't get to practice much at all and fired scores that showed how much/little he practiced. He would have to practice quite a bit to get back to Tour level at least.

Shank again was hurt by the lack of time he had to practice but if I had to pick between the two of them to have a future in golf it would be him. His personallity can get him places in golf maybe Chris Anderson can't get to. I have been thinking long and hard about getting some Shank gear and maybe paying a visit to his range. Seems like the kind of guy I could shoot the breeze with or I would like to get a lesson from.

•  

i think that chris did but i think that shank does but he would have to work really hard on his game to get consisitonicy in it

• 2756 points

Whaql - Completely agree about Chris.  I wasn't a fan at all.  Really liked Shank...will always pull for a humble, down to earth guy.

•  

It was pretty good entertainment. Neither one was ready to dedicate themselves.  Both lacked the head to play at a very high level at this stage of their lives.  Poor Chris Patton struggled to help Robbie think but to no avail.

•  

i think Robbie showed a lot of improvement and has a chance.  Chris just didn't have it mentally.  he was trying to do too much and he didn't have the sense of urgency needed to get him back.  but even with all of that, if he would have just kept his head on straight, he would have done much better.  he ruined rounds by getting upset over one shot.

•  

Whaql1
    I liked the show. Didn't care too much for Chris Anderson but it could have been the nature of the show; he was so hard on himself and seemed a little cocky to me at times. Pros practice a lot, he didn't get to practice much at all and fired scores that showed how much/little he practiced. He would have to practice quite a bit to get back to Tour level at least.

Shank again was hurt by the lack of time he had to practice but if I had to pick between the two of them to have a future in golf it would be him. His personallity can get him places in golf maybe Chris Anderson can't get to. I have been thinking long and hard about getting some Shank gear and maybe paying a visit to his range. Seems like the kind of guy I could shoot the breeze with or I would like to get a lesson from.

i've been on his website lately contemplating getting something for myself.  i have relatives that live about 30 minutes from him, so at some point i plan to go down there and check out his range.  maybe get a lesson.

•  

I would watch from time to time.  Not a bad show, but didn't really suck me in as much as I would have thought.  I wish them both the best and my guess is Shank may be getting a bit more of a crowd at his range.

• 323 points

I enjoyed watching the show a couple of times. Chris was never strong enough mentally to make it on tour. I always liked Shank because his attitude was pretty much always good. I really don't think either will make it to a big tour like the Web.com or PGA Tour though.