Forums

Wedges

•  

Just wondering with the varying players we have in the community what wedges everyone is playing?

I'm currently playing cleavland c14 black in 60, 56, and 52 degrees

•  

I play cleveland as well 60/52 plus I have a sand wedge S-20 as the sole has been ground by the previous owner I don't know the maker.

•  

I use Vokey across the board. I actually have 2 diffrent wedge sets for diffrent courses. For the longer courses I put an extra wood in the bag and have a 2 wedge set consisting of a 54 oil can and a spinmill 58 tour chrome. For the normal set I have a 52, 56 and just put in a new 60-04 spinmill that has some of the back flange knocked off so it is a little easier to open it up.

•  

I use the 735.CM 48*, and Vokey wedges in 52, 56 and 60.  I may switch those out depending on the course and my needs.

•  

All really depends on where I am playing.  I have Vokey wedges from 48* - 64*.  Currently in the bag are 52*, 56* and 60* wedge, but occasionally I will toss out the PW from the AP2 set and replace it with the Vokey if I am looking for a little more spin in the wedge department.  Otherwise, I usually never go above 60* unless it’s a short course with firm greens where I will need to hit high balls about 70 yards.

Needless to say, the 64* is not used for much more than juggling :)

•  

I play Vokey Oil CAn Spin Mill wedges. I have a 252.08 bent to 53° and a 258.08 bent to 59°. Both are swingweighted to D6.

I tend to get new ones 3 times a year.

•  

Vokey Oil Can 52, 56, and 60 cover my bases day in and day out.

•  

Ive been a Vokey guy since they first hit the shelves.  I dont think I could use anything else ever.  I currently play an AP gap wedge and Vokey 54* and 58*  Im stocking up on the Vokeys to get ready for them to stop making them due to the new groove rules.

•  

I just got new Ping Tour Ws 52 and 56.  Than I have a callaways X-Tour 60 bent to 62.  I really like the pings because they sit pretty flush to the turf and the Callaway is good in the sand.

•  

nick, I have been doing the same thing. I have 3 new sets in the closet and I also have 3 sets being re-headed.

That should last me 2 years or so....

• 4775 points

Callaway X Forged 52, 56, 60, all bent 1* flat and 1* strong.  I really like the C grind on the 60.

•  

caddy13

I just got new Ping Tour Ws 52 and 56.  Than I have a callaways X-Tour 60 bent to 62.  I really like the pings because they sit pretty flush to the turf and the Callaway is good in the sand.

I am kind of surprised you take a 62* wedge out of the sand... do you open the face of the wedge then to help get some bounce but change the loft to about a 70* wedge?  Must hit a high spinner?

•  

What will you do if they roll the maximum wedge back to 60?

•  

I am a Cleveland guy. Cleveland CG12's (52,56 and 60) my 56 is a limited addition i picked while in Canada with the Canadian flag etched in the clubhead, very cool!

•  

I game three Callaway X Forged wedges.  I have them in 52*, 56* and 62*. 

Tim