Forums

Earning Points - FJ Ambassador Program

• 4647 points

Reading comments about the Member Milestone section got me thinking that in order to further the goal of broader, more active participation in the FJ Community, perhaps there should be some other incentives for earning points. For instance, right now if an active member brings in another person to the community, the active member receives points on her or his account. How about additional "bonus points" if that new member referral reaches a milestone? or buys FJ products and registers those sales?  

Or how about  a rewarding active members with discounted prices on certain products if you bring in new members who participate actively over a period of time or buy FJ products?

What do you think FJ community?  

• 1495 points

I think it sounds like a great idea...same concept as some other companies with referral programs take x amount off certain products when you refer a friend.

• 2637 points

Good concept. With the new points program ,reaching Ambassador status can be very difficult.

•  

It takes time to become an Ambassador. It also takes some critical thinking of "how do I want to really support this brand?"

Once I figured out how much I loved the brand, I was hooked. I bought a lot of shoes and reviewed them. I accrued points for those and more.... Got a lot of points for shoes!

The point is this. If you enjoy being here you will participate. The more you participate the more engaged you become. The more engaged, the more you will acquire; both product and fun and knowledge. When you roll all this up, one day you may become an Ambassador. Or not, because you loose interest and decide this wasn't for you.

Accruing points and having the goal of being an FJA should not be the goal of being here. Participating with the people is one. Learning is two. Everything beyond that is a bonus.......

•  

Tar Heel
    It takes time to become an Ambassador. It also takes some critical thinking of "how do I want to really support this brand?"

Once I figured out how much I loved the brand, I was hooked. I bought a lot of shoes and reviewed them. I accrued points for those and more.... Got a lot of points for shoes!

The point is this. If you enjoy being here you will participate. The more you participate the more engaged you become. The more engaged, the more you will acquire; both product and fun and knowledge. When you roll all this up, one day you may become an Ambassador. Or not, because you loose interest and decide this wasn't for you.

Accruing points and having the goal of being an FJA should not be the goal of being here. Participating with the people is one. Learning is two. Everything beyond that is a bonus.......

Randy, I agree 100% with what you've said.  Becoming an FJ Ambassador is not (or should not be) the goal, but rather a part of the journey.  If you spend time here and contribute you will develop a love for all things FJ.  And as Randy said, that will lead to purchases, knowledge, etc.  Before you know it, you'll be an Ambassador and at that point you will actually feel a rather large responsibility towards the FJ Community.  It is NOT about how quickly you become an Ambassador...remember that.  Contribute, enjoy all things FJ, and enjoy the ride!  The points system is fine the way it is.

•  

Hear, hear, Randy!  I've "met" lots of very interesting people and learned a lot more about golf equipment and the game since I joined the Forum.  I did not join to gain status or stuff, just to communicate with other golfers interested in FJ products, the game, and good discussion.  Of course, we all have to put up with Holleywood, but that's okay.

•  

Randy's perspective is right on. ..But I also think that to maintain one's FJA  Status a specific activity level should be required to sustain the position. Seems there are many inactive FJAs. If golf is your passion communicate your message....Share your addiction to FJ and show us your colors and fashionista flair !

•  

It's interesting to learn more about FootJoy products-- fun is included!

It's just different knowing or understanding the quality of golf gears I'll have on on the course --- makes a difference.  It feels great and plays great. . . they look good put together., too . .  it also got me a few points towards FJA while having fun along the way.

Anyway, cool golfing weather is ahead this weekend (out here in SoCal)-- near 60s!

No'l

•  

right Tar Heel it takes time to become an ambassador. all you need to do is show your love for the brand and keep on posting you will become an ambassador soon

•  

Sit back and enjoy the conversation and contribute! Pretty much that's it!

•  

Completely agree with all of the FJA's above.  I have been a community member for almost 3years and have had a great time enjoying the banter, sharing stories, meeting the members and staff.  If you are looking for a great place to learn more about golf, products and how good FJ products are, you have come to the right place.  

Good luck on your journey and Happy Holidays!!

-Brian

• 4647 points

I too agree with all of the FJAs and their sentiment about the motivation for participating in the community. If I came across as implying that the goal of participation was merely to accrue points to gain Ambassador status, I did not communicate very well. My thought was to find ways to have ALL community members grow  their involvement in the community by not only talking about FJ and FJ products and the great game we all love, but also bringing more golfers into the community exposing them to this wonderful golf products company as well as adding more opinion, commentary, ideas, and experiences that they inevitably will bring to these very cool forums. As girlsgotgolf said, "spread the passion"!  To my way of thinking, adding some incentives could further that goal..

I am new to the community, but I really enjoy the interaction and plan to remain an active member for a long, long time.

Happy Holidays to all!

Peter

•  

noeldaof

It's just different knowing or understanding the quality of golf gears I'll have on on the course --- makes a difference.  It feels great and plays great. . . they look good put together., too . .  it also got me a few points towards FJA while having fun along the way.

Anyway, cool golfing weather is ahead this weekend (out here in SoCal)-- near 60s!

No'l

must be nice :) 40's and rain this weekend.

•  

this community is not just for becoming an ambassador.  and honestly, it should be very difficult to reach that level.  i was never here just to become an ambassador.  i really enjoying talking golf with other people.  and when i did reach ambassador status, it felt like i actually accomplished something.  but the friendships i've formed during my time here is much bigger and better than anything FJ will ever do for me.  the best part of the FJA invitational was the time spent talking and laughing (and maybe a enjoying drink or two).   enjoy your time here.  contribute and you will enjoy it more.  and before you know it, you'll be an ambassador.

•  

RANDYWILDMAN

noeldaof

No'l

must be nice :) 40's and rain this weektend.

It really was.  We got 36 in Saturday!  Sunday, my brother and I worked at the range for about three hours and then putt for an hour or so.  Sorry you had to deal with the rain over the weekend. Hopefully you'll get better weather soon.  How close are you to Bandon dunes?