Forums

Sunglasses--Love 'em or hate 'em?

•  

I am in the Maui Jim section, I wear them sun or shade. For me, I find it easier to track the ball in flight as well as read the greens. I can pick up contours on the greens that I can't see without them on.

•  

I play with a Costa Del Mar "Rincon" style.The lens are made of glass.I don't care for the poly lens.I've had Ray-Bans,Revo,Nike,Vuarnet and these shades hold there own against the brands I just named. And they don't hurt your wallet as bad.

•  

I never wear them.  They feel like they mess with my depth perception - but I do always wear a hat.

•  

Welch222

I never wear them.  They feel like they mess with my depth perception - but I do always wear a hat.

I feel the same way.  I don't always wear a hat though, I always do wear some sun screen though, don't want to get any skin cancer!

If you protect your eyes, protect your skin!

• 4775 points

I have tried them a few times but could never get used to it.  I am never without sunglasses while outside off of the course, but I just don't feel right wearing them on the course.

•  

I have a pair of Oakley Half Jackets with the G35 lenses.  They have a slight pink hue about them and they are great for the golf course.  They brighten up all of my surroundings and really bring out the contour of the greens.  I wear them on and off.  Sometime the magnification throws me off.  I have to force myself to wear them when the sun is really bright.

•  

Kelly, I have to  agree with you . I wear prescription glasses all the time, yet when on the course, the glasses stay in the car. I basically only need them for reading and an instructor advised me to take them off during play because they distort ones perception . He was right. I do have trouble reading the scorecard, but that is all. Sunglasses are a personal preference, but not for me. Only when driving a car and that is when I am driving into the sun do  I wear them.

•  

I used to hate them until I got a pair of Peakvision Sunglasses, they are truly awesome.  Pretty much everything you read on the site it exactly right on.