Forums

Member Milestone section

•  

tdogg21
    Tar HeelOUTIGERI wonder how many of the milestone members are still active posters?  A bunch of unfamiliar names.  Funny how their milestones come around the same time as older contests and holidays.

TT

Um, right.... More rationale for requiring a "re-qualification" annually as an FJA.

that was discussed a lot, both officially and unofficially on the van rides, at the FJA invitational.  only problem, no one could figure out a way to fairly re-quality someone.

It can be done. It just takes some serious thinking and consideration.....

•  

19hole
    How about not total posts, but a minimum number of posts in the last 30-60 days?

AS USUAL,,,RICK ,OUR RESIDENT PRO HITS IT RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE.

GREAT IDEA.

•  

Look at all the traction on this post.  I love the ideas that flow through.  I am going to start bouncing some of my work questions...just kidding, this is my escape from time to time during my day.

• 1432 points

zacho
    Denise,maybe I am missing something but there is  no "milestone" option to the right of "community" on my screen. Is there something I should be doing to update my screen ?

David

David,

It is only on a few pages, on the community home page, the Discussions page, the "General" forums landing page and the FJ Ambassador Program page.  If you don't see it on any of those pages, private message me.

Best,

-Denise

• 1432 points

bholley
    Last week my total blocks broke the 4,000 mark. But I think Devin blocked the milestone just to be on the safe side.

Now that is a milestone I hadn't considered putting in there. Few could compete with you though.

•  

pistolpete
    I think the milestone section is a great way to recognize members - Active members know who they are - But I don't really see any reason to winnow out those who are inactive, whatever the reason. It isn't as if inactive members are taking anything away from the community...or are they?

FootJoy has this program in place in order to grow brand awareness and sales of their products. To remove or exclude persons because of their level of activity isn't really a positive and I would think that from FJs perspective, they want ALL potential buyers of their products to feel positively about the brand. Setting activity hurdles to be recognized in a blog doesn't further that goal in my opinion.

Each member of the community is already recognized for their brand loyalty and activity with each and every approved post  - Your level, points, and number of posts id there for all to see and the dedicated enthusiasts supporting this community blog are recognized by FootJoy and the community for reaching these various levels -   Ambassadors are, as they should be, offered perks, i.e., chances to demo products, trips, etc. These incentives are awesome and for loyal brand users at this level, justly deserved - That is the incentive all of us non-Ambassadors see on the horizon!

There is no "roadblock/hurdle" as those not active in the community/forum will never be aware of the postings!!!!!

As members of the FJA, we share our opinions of what will bring or maintain value of the community/forum. It is active participation that encourages the community/forum not inactive/passive participation. And to this behaviour is the need to not publicize non-active individuals.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

bholley
    Last week my total blocks broke the 4,000 mark. But I think Devin blocked the milestone just to be on the safe side.

I am sure no one will come close to you, on this milestone.

•  

been some time since i've been online...I love this new section....

•  

[quote user="Denise Preston"]bholleyLast week my total blocks broke the 4,000 mark. But I think Devin blocked the milestone just to be on the safe side.

Now that is a milestone I hadn't considered putting in there. Few could compete with you though.[/quote

Denise Preston
    bholleyLast week my total blocks broke the 4,000 mark. But I think Devin blocked the milestone just to be on the safe side.

Now that is a milestone I hadn't considered putting in there. Few could compete with you though.

Denise...FEW....how about NONE!!!!!

• 1432 points

Welcome back, Mondo.  Good to see you!

•  

tdogg21
    Tar HeelOUTIGERI wonder how many of the milestone members are still active posters?  A bunch of unfamiliar names.  Funny how their milestones come around the same time as older contests and holidays.

TT

Um, right.... More rationale for requiring a "re-qualification" annually as an FJA.

that was discussed a lot, both officially and unofficially on the van rides, at the FJA invitational.  only problem, no one could figure out a way to fairly re-quality someone.

Lol all I can think of is "samesies"!!

•  

Just catching back up myself. I like to the new added features.

•  

I think I have see at least 3 or 4 FJA's since it started.  Great addition...

•  

Congrats to MyFeetAreHappy (MFAH) on reaching FJA status!

•  

joshgiano

Lol all I can think of is "samesies"!!

WOW!!!!!  Some of that stuff will never leave my brain no matter how much therapy or drink.

Denise,

Will there ever be a part on our profile that shows our milestones?

• How many years on the board
    • How many years as an Ambassador
    • How many posts
    • How many registered products
    Just a few ideas floating around in my coconut.
    TT