Forums

Member Milestone section

• 1525 points

tdogg21
    Denise PrestonOUTIGERI wonder how many of the milestone members are still active posters?  A bunch of unfamiliar names.  Funny how their milestones come around the same time as older contests and holidays.

TT

Glad to hear you all seem to like it. We are trying to make it easier to do the things that you were already doing.  

I have been enjoying checking it every morning. It updates daily, so no need to check it hourly or anything.  Once a day will keep you up to speed.

Tim, to your point, we are only showing "anniversaries" for folks who have posted at least once, but there are people who post for a community-only contests and then we don't hear from them again. That is why we are also showing "First Posts" by new members. Generally, when you all see new members pop-up, you welcome them graciously and immediately give them reasons to stay.  

It is my hope that by next year, the anniversaries will not be unfamiliar screen names. We have gotten a number of strong members (and even a few ambassadors) through contests.

We will also be showing "level ups" as they happen.

Best,

-Denise

what about maybe only showing anniversaries for people with a certain number of posts, like 10, 50, or 100?  that should eliminate the one and doners and if you've been here a year, you most likely have at least 50 or 100 posts.

I had the same thought but wanted to look at the data to see what a good threshold might be.

Best,

-Denise

•  

tdogg21
    Tar HeelOUTIGERI wonder how many of the milestone members are still active posters?  A bunch of unfamiliar names.  Funny how their milestones come around the same time as older contests and holidays.

TT

Um, right.... More rationale for requiring a "re-qualification" annually as an FJA.

that was discussed a lot, both officially and unofficially on the van rides, at the FJA invitational.  only problem, no one could figure out a way to fairly re-quality someone.

Just an idea that of the number of official post (Tdogg: "what about maybe only showing anniversaries for people with a certain number of posts, like 10, 50, or 100?  that should eliminate the one and doners and if you've been here a year, you most likely have at least 50 or 100 posts.") That is a very good method of validating an active member.

It does not mean much if the anniversary of a non-active member of the community rolls up on the list (who was that???) We celebrate the involved, committed; the MEMBERS, not the "posers".

I would prefer no "posers" in the Anniversary Milestones.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Great feature...Thanks Denise/FJ

-ICONs for ALL

•  

If someone simply contributed 1 post a week (or equivalent), that is active (IMHO) as a minimal threshold.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

BostonBuzza
    I am glad I was able to start this post.  I thought it was an excellent idea, and I am going to frame up a screen print the day I hit the FJA status.  

Thanks for bringing this great idea, and I look forward to the expansion of others.

Happy Holidays!!

Cool Idea Brian !

•  

How about not total posts, but a minimum number of posts in the last 30-60 days?

•  

I couldn't see what you were talking about until clicking the "FJ AMBASSADOR PROGRAM" link. Can the milestone posts go back as far as a month or two?

•  

Good idea Rick - that should serve to keep FJA's active.

•  

I especially like the anniversary's posted in this section...kind of like the American Express Card! LOL .... Seriously though, I do really like this recognition along with all the other great accolades...!  Keep up the great work FJ!

•  

19hole
    How about not total posts, but a minimum number of posts in the last 30-60 days?

i like this idea, but the argument some people had was what if life got in the way for a couple months (like new baby, new job, loss of job, etc.).  and i also heard some say they might be on the site everyday, but might not post all the time.

personally, i wouldn't mind a minimum post count.  i think a good number would have to found that balances everything.  i would hate to see people making the "dumb" posts just to reach their minimum, but at the same time, the ones who aren't active could maybe be moved to an "inactive" status until they start posting again.

•  

Denise, I am glad FJ is looking into ways to keep members active. This is been a sore subject in the past and seems to come up weekly. It takes away from some of the conversations when it comes up and with rules/regulations in place to combat that it will freshen up everything we as FJA's stand for.

• 1495 points

This section is a great idea...nothing worse then reaching a certain mark and not getting recognized for it. Congrats to all on their new achievements

• 5531 points

I think the milestone section is a great way to recognize members - Active members know who they are - But I don't really see any reason to winnow out those who are inactive, whatever the reason. It isn't as if inactive members are taking anything away from the community...or are they?

FootJoy has this program in place in order to grow brand awareness and sales of their products. To remove or exclude persons because of their level of activity isn't really a positive and I would think that from FJs perspective, they want ALL potential buyers of their products to feel positively about the brand. Setting activity hurdles to be recognized in a blog doesn't further that goal in my opinion.

Each member of the community is already recognized for their brand loyalty and activity with each and every approved post  - Your level, points, and number of posts id there for all to see and the dedicated enthusiasts supporting this community blog are recognized by FootJoy and the community for reaching these various levels -   Ambassadors are, as they should be, offered perks, i.e., chances to demo products, trips, etc. These incentives are awesome and for loyal brand users at this level, justly deserved - That is the incentive all of us non-Ambassadors see on the horizon!

• 2822 points

Denise,maybe I am missing something but there is  no "milestone" option to the right of "community" on my screen. Is there something I should be doing to update my screen ?

David

•  

Last week my total blocks broke the 4,000 mark. But I think Devin blocked the milestone just to be on the safe side.