Forums

Member Milestone section

•  

I just noticed the new section added to the right side of the community.  I think this is a great idea to share milestones.  Then you can send out some Conrats to the members.

Great addition!

•  

This is another one of Denise's "pet" features. You can count on many more coming in the future. Long live the Overlords! May they bless us with many helpful ideas.

•  

Love it . Thanks

•  

FJ, always in the forefront and keeping the Community ahead of the game !  Let those ideas  & new features roll, Denise !

•  

Good eyes, BostonBuzza!

I'm a little late, but of course, when I first saw it, I thought I was first (wrong!), so I started the same thread.

(Community Staff: Please ignore that and delete if you encounter it.)

Yes, it's good to recognize a milestone for everyone.

Thank you FootJoy & Staff.

Congratulations to all and some I see who is still a regular,. . . . NCBob!

•  

Every one likes to see their name in print, beats the post office wall.

• 2756 points

Pretty cool idea.  Can't wait to see my name up there!

•  

I think it's a neat new feature!  You can see things like birthdays etc.  Neat way to connect with other members... nice work FJ & the "community support"!

•  

that is a good idea

•  

I wonder how many of the milestone members are still active posters?  A bunch of unfamiliar names.  Funny how their milestones come around the same time as older contests and holidays.

TT

•  

OUTIGER
    I wonder how many of the milestone members are still active posters?  A bunch of unfamiliar names.  Funny how their milestones come around the same time as older contests and holidays.

TT

Um, right.... More rationale for requiring a "re-qualification" annually as an FJA.

• 1539 points

OUTIGER

TT

Glad to hear you all seem to like it. We are trying to make it easier to do the things that you were already doing.  

I have been enjoying checking it every morning. It updates daily, so no need to check it hourly or anything.  Once a day will keep you up to speed.

Tim, to your point, we are only showing "anniversaries" for folks who have posted at least once, but there are people who post for a community-only contests and then we don't hear from them again. That is why we are also showing "First Posts" by new members. Generally, when you all see new members pop-up, you welcome them graciously and immediately give them reasons to stay.  

It is my hope that by next year, the anniversaries will not be unfamiliar screen names. We have gotten a number of strong members (and even a few ambassadors) through contests.

We will also be showing "level ups" as they happen.

Best,

-Denise

•  

Denise Preston
    OUTIGERI wonder how many of the milestone members are still active posters?  A bunch of unfamiliar names.  Funny how their milestones come around the same time as older contests and holidays.

TT

Glad to hear you all seem to like it. We are trying to make it easier to do the things that you were already doing.  

I have been enjoying checking it every morning. It updates daily, so no need to check it hourly or anything.  Once a day will keep you up to speed.

Tim, to your point, we are only showing "anniversaries" for folks who have posted at least once, but there are people who post for a community-only contests and then we don't hear from them again. That is why we are also showing "First Posts" by new members. Generally, when you all see new members pop-up, you welcome them graciously and immediately give them reasons to stay.  

It is my hope that by next year, the anniversaries will not be unfamiliar screen names. We have gotten a number of strong members (and even a few ambassadors) through contests.

We will also be showing "level ups" as they happen.

Best,

-Denise

what about maybe only showing anniversaries for people with a certain number of posts, like 10, 50, or 100?  that should eliminate the one and doners and if you've been here a year, you most likely have at least 50 or 100 posts.

•  

Tar Heel
    OUTIGERI wonder how many of the milestone members are still active posters?  A bunch of unfamiliar names.  Funny how their milestones come around the same time as older contests and holidays.

TT

Um, right.... More rationale for requiring a "re-qualification" annually as an FJA.

that was discussed a lot, both officially and unofficially on the van rides, at the FJA invitational.  only problem, no one could figure out a way to fairly re-quality someone.

•  

I am glad I was able to start this post.  I thought it was an excellent idea, and I am going to frame up a screen print the day I hit the FJA status.  

Thanks for bringing this great idea, and I look forward to the expansion of others.

Happy Holidays!!