Forums

FJA Logo Items - Ideas!

• 5037 points

it would be a stretch, but how about a FJ branded pull cart? Realistically, I'd vote for a Sunday bag .I wonder if FJ has ever thought about their glove expertise outside of the world of golf?  Batting gloves for baseball?

•  

tdogg21
    Tar HeelFootJoy brand is shoes, apparel, and gloves. So having items related to that portfolio is most logical (i.e. shoe bags). Stretching outside that boundary (headcovers and bags) is the market space of Titleist, and so I wouldn't get your hopes up on items in that space.

We've seen this topic covered when putter covers were brought up, and that was shot down.... quickly and emphatically.

i don't expect them to expand their offerings much farther than it already is, but it's nice to dream!

i wouldn't mind if they "out-sourced" their logo to be available on some other items.  but just the FJA logo.(not the FJ logo.  too much of the FJ logo items and that would compete with Titleist, which is bad for their business.)  for example, you can add a logo to the Players Towel.  it would be nice to be able to use the FJA logo.

Not to go all "brand-centric" on you here dogg, but the FJA logo is, in point of fact, an extension of the FootJoy brand. So if the FJ logo won't be allowed, then the FJA logo, by extension, can't go either.

I'm all for dreaming, but as stewards of t his brand we need to make certain we don't build any unrealistic expectations. Because that isn't good for the brand either, and the Staff have been very good in explaining that to us.

•  

Tar Heel
    tdogg21Tar HeelFootJoy brand is shoes, apparel, and gloves. So having items related to that portfolio is most logical (i.e. shoe bags). Stretching outside that boundary (headcovers and bags) is the market space of Titleist, and so I wouldn't get your hopes up on items in that space.

We've seen this topic covered when putter covers were brought up, and that was shot down.... quickly and emphatically.

i don't expect them to expand their offerings much farther than it already is, but it's nice to dream!

i wouldn't mind if they "out-sourced" their logo to be available on some other items.  but just the FJA logo.(not the FJ logo.  too much of the FJ logo items and that would compete with Titleist, which is bad for their business.)  for example, you can add a logo to the Players Towel.  it would be nice to be able to use the FJA logo.

Not to go all "brand-centric" on you here dogg, but the FJA logo is, in point of fact, an extension of the FootJoy brand. So if the FJ logo won't be allowed, then the FJA logo, by extension, can't go either.

I'm all for dreaming, but as stewards of t his brand we need to make certain we don't build any unrealistic expectations. Because that isn't good for the brand either, and the Staff have been very good in explaining that to us.

i completely agree.  i guess what i was getting at, if it was the FJA logo and not the FJ logo, there would be less.  i don't expect FJ to offer a staff bag to everyone and thus compete with the Titelist bag.  or a FJ cubic mesh hat for the same reason.  but a FJA logo on a bag would be available and desired by a much smaller subgroup and thus less internal competition.

•  

For me, I want anything that people might see with the FJA logo on it. I like when people ask and I get to tell them about the community.

•  

MyFeetAreHappy
    If we were voting, I'd vote for a belt buckle - one from 59Belts.com - now that would be sweet!

i would vote for that too

•  

I love the towel idea and the cover is very cool, but a sticker would be best IMO.  I would rock that baby on my car!

•  

All great ideas, will take any of them. It is to ponder that when people see you at the course, what is the first thing that they see??? I love the Towel, head cover, bag and sticker concepts and to have the FJA on my Cap, Sleve, Chest or Collar sends a clear message of the Brand that we (vicariously) represent.

We rock FJ anyway we can and everything the FJA is on is a bonus.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Since there is currently an FFJ belt buckle available. Making one with the FJA logo wouldn't be such a stretch. A year or two ago I brought up the idea of the FJA logo being available to personalize Tervis tumblers. What a conversation piece.

•  

where is the FFJ belt buckle at

•  

Since there is currently an FFJ belt buckle available. Making one with the FJA logo wouldn't be such a stretch. A year or two ago I brought up the idea of the FJA logo being available to personalize Tervis tumblers. What a conversation piece.

I got a FJ Tervis at the FJA invite, it's awesome :). People go bonkers when they see it.

•  

I agree!  Conversational piece's are really what this these ideas are all about...

• 1495 points

If i had a picture of what I am trying to explain it would make it so much easier. This is very far fetched and would be for the ultimate footjoy fanatic...what if footjoy made a custom set of wheels for golf carts with either the footjoy logo in the center piece or the FJA logo as the center piece on "hub cap"

•  

That would be the ultimate!!  FJ Wheels!!

•  

miguelj20
    If i had a picture of what I am trying to explain it would make it so much easier. This is very far fetched and would be for the ultimate footjoy fanatic...what if footjoy made a custom set of wheels for golf carts with either the footjoy logo in the center piece or the FJA logo as the center piece on "hub cap"

the next addition to Dallin's cart??

•  

I'm suspected because I believe in Europe will be almost impossible to get any article with a FJA logo.

Anyway like to comment that my FJA "painted" bag tag is a big success anywhere I play.

I would share a suggestion to staff - why not have an yearly limited release of a suggested FJA logo product available to FJA members. I would pay for it. (why don't make a try with a FJA logo ball sleeve)?