Forums

M. Jordan and his cargo shorts!

•  

wwhitehead
    If I were MJ I wouldn't hold my breath for an Augusta National invite.

I'm sure MJ can play Augusta National any time he wants to with just one phone call. He knows what to wear there.

•  

golferdrmjr
    wwhiteheadIf I were MJ I wouldn't hold my breath for an Augusta National invite. I'm sure MJ can play Augusta National any time he wants to with just one phone call. He knows what to wear there.

i wouldn't be so sure about that.  most likely he does know or can get in touch with a member who can get him on, but i doubt it's as easy as a simple phone call, even for him.

•  

tdogg21
    golferdrmjrwwhiteheadIf I were MJ I wouldn't hold my breath for an Augusta National invite. I'm sure MJ can play Augusta National any time he wants to with just one phone call. He knows what to wear there.

i wouldn't be so sure about that.  most likely he does know or can get in touch with a member who can get him on, but i doubt it's as easy as a simple phone call, even for him.

We're talking about Michael Jordan here. Not only does he probably know many members, he's good friends with Fred Couples. I stand by my one phone call. But I doubt we'll find out for sure, unless someone knows MJ. :-)

•  

Tdogg, they let journalists play they the following days, I'm sure-- I know Mike gets on whenever he wants!

•  

i could not find anything about Jordan and Augusta so this is probably a kind of Batman versus Superman discussion. However when you play as a guest you must play with a member even if you used to be the President (USA). I am sure Mike's people could call some member's people and they could arrange a date but I don't think they could do it from the pay phone around the corner.

•  

bholley
    i could not find anything about Jordan and Augusta so this is probably a kind of Batman versus Superman discussion. However when you play as a guest you must play with a member even if you used to be the President (USA). I am sure Mike's people could call some member's people and they could arrange a date but I don't think they could do it from the pay phone around the corner.

I'm sure MJ has a cell phone. :-)

• 5378 points

Amen bholley - Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law does not excuse" or "ignorance of the law excuses no one"). It isn't as if Mr. Jordan just started playing the game yesterday.He knows that private clubs and many public course have dress codes...Cost me an additional $120 once when I showed up at a club without proper attire. Nothing like full retail for trousers in a pro shop!! But I paid so that I could play..within the rules of the club..