Forums

Troon Golf's new dress code -- or lack thereof

• 36 points

Is this a serious Troon release...or a spoof?  I'm hoping for spoof.  Going to check with buddies at Troon North in Scottsdale and around the country...bad news if true...

•  

golferdrmjr
    thomas alston iiiAnother Sad Day in society!!!!

This is why there will always be a requirement for "Private Clubs" - Stay to the Traditions of the game. But, to "grow the game",

better stated, "make more profits" it has become much less about the quality (Walmart effect).

-ICONs for ALL

So true, so true. When you see people at the grocery store or other places in their pajamas and slippers you wonder where the decorum in our society has gone. Very sad indeed.

Amen, Don ! Thanks for my morning chuckle !

•  

Couldn't agree more !  From my perspective - Dressing the part helps you play the part. It brings your game to a higher level. When they don't see any changes in their numbers from this 'relaxed dress code' can only quesion what will they think of next ?

pistolpete
    Troon Golf must be having a tough time of it - Relaxed dress code is one thing but if you really want to pack the courses offer happy hours and "beat the clock" days - What a ridiculous slope to star to slide down...Do they really think there are enough golfers out there avoiding their courses simply because they cannot wear their GYM SHORTS and combat boots on the course? And how do they think the regulars who spend hundreds on their FJ gear are going to respond when some "dude" starts yelling at  the bar for shooters and beers in their "comfy attire" at the 19th hole?

Why not offer better rates, affordable instruction for beginners? Use the cable TV pricing model (low initial prices for multiple services, i.e, lessons, rounds, etc.) and lure new blood and talent into the game? Dumbing down the product offering will not work IMHO...

•  

pistolpete
    Troon Golf must be having a tough time of it - Relaxed dress code is one thing but if you really want to pack the courses offer happy hours and "beat the clock" days - What a ridiculous slope to star to slide down...Do they really think there are enough golfers out there avoiding their courses simply because they cannot wear their GYM SHORTS and combat boots on the course? And how do they think the regulars who spend hundreds on their FJ gear are going to respond when some "dude" starts yelling at  the bar for shooters and beers in their "comfy attire" at the 19th hole?

Why not offer better rates, affordable instruction for beginners? Use the cable TV pricing model (low initial prices for multiple services, i.e, lessons, rounds, etc.) and lure new blood and talent into the game? Dumbing down the product offering will not work IMHO...

they could do what a lot of ski resorts do, offer a low cost option for a lesson and a round.  where i snowboard has a deal where they give you a free lift ticket in the future if you by a lesson and lift ticket package.  imagine if you could go to a decent course and get a lesson and 2 rounds of golf for the cost of maybe 1 1/2 rounds.

•  

shaun13
    I have to say that I don't have an issue with jeans in the clubhouse, as long as they are dressy. Denim is now being worn at the finest restaurants around and when put together with a nice shirt and blazer looks way better than a sloppy pair of double pleat pants. I may be in the minority with that statement, but feel it is just the times changing in the way people dress. Now gym shorts on the other hand have no place ont he golf course.

i completely agree.  i have jeans that look much better than some of the dress slacks i have seen.