No shows with pants...

No shows with pants...

• 4775 points

What are your thoughts.  Last winter I did it and really liked it.  My wife was not a fan.  I told her I saw some guys on tour doing it that's where I came up with the idea.  She quickly reminded me that I am not on tour.

•  

jas904

What are your thoughts.  Last winter I did it and really liked it.  My wife was not a fan.  I told her I saw some guys on tour doing it that's where I came up with the idea.  She quickly reminded me that I am not on tour.

I wear no shows with pants all the time.  It definitely depends on the weather, but it is not a "fashion no-no" to wear low cut socks with pants.  

I don't think it matters if your a touring pro or not, but you need to keep the boss happy.  Then again, the golf course is where you can do what you want without getting in trouble from her!  Just tell her you won't do it with the business suits if that makes her happy!! :)

•  

I wear no shows with everything usually.  Since I live in Michigan I play golf when its kind of cold out so that is the only time i don't wear no shows with pants.

•  

I always wear no-shows with my pants.  Ocassionally I will rock the longer socks, but for the most part, it is no show socks.  I do remember Nick Faldo, I believe, commented on Todd Hamilton wearing short socks with his slacks.  I believe it could be a slight fashoin faux-pas but I don't care.

Tim

•  

I wear wear no shows with long pants, but it depends on the weather.  If it is just cool enough for pants, then I'll wear no shows.  But if it is really cold, then I'll wear regular socks.

•  

I'll always go low cut, unless it's really cold and feel the need for the long socks.

•  

I wear no shows even when it is cold out.  I don't feel like i get any added warmth from longer socks unless I am out in the snow.

•  

I wear the full length socks 99% of the time when I have pants on.  On rare occasions I will pull out the no shows when it gets really hot outside. 

•  

nickpoz

I wear the full length socks 99% of the time when I have pants on.  On rare occasions I will pull out the no shows when it gets really hot outside. 

Being that you are a professional that makes sense.  You have to wear long pants in the shop and it looks more professional to have on long socks.  I couldn't do it all of the time.  I feel more comfortable with the shorties on.

Tim

•  

definitely not a problem wearing no show with long pants...myself I do the same...wearing the long socks generally makes my legs warm and sweaty and makes me feel uncomfortable...

•  

nickpoz

I agree with you Nick. I think it just was the way we were brought up. It is rare that I wear short ones with the long pants. Has to be pretty hot for me to do it.

•  

I wear calf high socks with pants, no shows or low cut with shorts. I usually wear shorts when playing, if I'm wearing pants it's cool out. If I wear no shows, with pants, I feel like I'm getting a draft on my ankles.

•  

It depends if it is cold or hot out

•  

grumpy830

I wear calf high socks with pants, no shows or low cut with shorts. I usually wear shorts when playing, if I'm wearing pants it's cool out. If I wear no shows, with pants, I feel like I'm getting a draft on my ankles.

Are you wearing high waters?!  LOL, I think it's time to introduce your shoes to your pants.

•  

wore no-shows with pants this morning.   it was cool outside, but long socks would have been uncomfortable for me.