SHORT SOCKS - LONG PANTS - NOT A FAN!

SHORT SOCKS - LONG PANTS - NOT A FAN!

•  

C'mon this is one of my pet hates  ... short socks with long pants and there are many, many offenders.

I know they get the socks gratis but ankle highs are for summer, shorts and exercise.

Now I know they follow the sun (except in England/Scotland of course .. do they even have summer over there) all year rournd but please, please, please long socks with long pants.

Or ... maybe I just getting old (read old school).

OZ-Crocman

•  

Croc- How do you see the socks through the pants?  A bigger fashion faux pas is long socks with shorts, especially if they don't match. Yucka!

• 636 points

In formal and casual settings, I agree. But in golf? Sometimes comfort takes over and it just feels better to go with short socks as opposed to having long socks sticking to your legs. This happened to me the other day. Had long pants on and my Techsof Crew length socks on. While my feet were comfy, I wished I went with the shorter socks bc it was so warm!
  •  

OZ-Crocman. . . I got me hands up. . . guilty here!

But what's the big deal in it? (lol)  It's comfortable.

There's a club down the road . . . they only allow long pants.  Year round!  Most the times I've gotten on it were in summer time.  I can remember over a hundred on a muggy day a number of times over the years, 'matter of fact.  But, I just had to use low cut the socks.

•  
    noeldaof

There's a club down the road . . . they only allow long pants.  Year round!  Most the times I've gotten on it were in summer time.  I can remember over a hundred on a muggy day a number of times over the years, 'matter of fact.  But, I just had to use low cut the socks.

No shorts at all ... that's a bit harsh. Used to wear long pants myself all year round too in my young and stupid days but now I'm exclusively shorts for at least four months a year and I do wear ankle length socks then but afraid when long pants are required or necessary it's regular socks for me. But ...... each their own. OZ-Crocman
  •  

CROCMAN
    noeldaof

No shorts at all ... that's a bit harsh. Used to wear long pants myself all year round too in my young and stupid days but now I'm exclusively shorts for at least four months a year and I do wear ankle length socks then but afraid when long pants are required or necessary it's regular socks for me. But ...... each their own. OZ-Crocman

Harsh . . . Yeah, it is (ha ha), most especially in the heat!  But the invites seldom come around.  I'd do anything (just about) to get on that course, as well as to cool off some heat. . . L.A. winters are gorgeous, though.

• 942 points

Agree short socks long pants.. = bad

golf shorts "black knee high socks"  = worst

•  

Senior_Golfer

golf shorts with "black knee high socks"

That would be a "Senior Moment" in dress/fashion.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

thomas alston iii

Senior_Golfer

golf shorts with "black knee high socks"

That would be a "Senior Moment" in dress/fashion.

-ICONs for ALL

Uh-oh. . . here I go - - I've been thinking about shorts and knee highs.  It's gonna be tough, I know it's going to look awkward to all.  But has anyone used a compression socks?  I wear a Sigvaris brand, they're knee high, compression socks.  It helps with the circulation and I get away with them during colder months. . .

Sheeshs. . . anyway, I don't think I could do it (the thought's there, though). . . only a couple more months and no one has to make fun of me. . . erp.

• 636 points

A way to get around that would be to wear some knickers from Golfknickers.com or something like that.  That way, you can wear the knee-highs and have them blend right in with your pants.

•  

Welcome, Shank46!

Yeah, knickers are a good idea and I've thought about it, too, as I already own 3 pairs that I seldom wear.  But I think I'll just wait for colder weather.

•  

Noel,

To each their own but pretty sure I've seen some of the LPGA ladies wearing long socks with shorts/skirts and you definitely need a good set of pins to pull it off.

Fortunately we are no longer required to wear the long socks / shorts combo so prevalent in my early days at some of the more well to do clubs and common sense has now prevailed ... and that's not something you can not too confidently say when the magnificent game of golf is invloved.

OZ-Crocman

•  

Croc - I with you on this. Pants require socks that cover the ankles. Shorts require WHITE socks that are around or below the ankles. Otherwise, you may as well get you a metal detector and head to the beach.

•  

fredcloss

Croc - I with you on this. Pants require socks that cover the ankles. Shorts require WHITE socks that are around or below the ankles. Otherwise, you may as well get you a metal detector and head to the beach.

(LOL) We have'm all roaming Santa Monica Beach!  . . . .  NO, I'm not joining them!  ha ha ha . . .

•  

I'm with Senior golfer. And also avoid white socks (just use my white FJ Tech Tour socks) .