DOES A SOCK MAKE A DIFFERENCE? NEED ADVICE!!!

DOES A SOCK MAKE A DIFFERENCE? NEED ADVICE!!!

•  

I HAVE NEVER PAID MUCH ATTENTION TO SOCKS.  CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND THE BEST FOOTJOY SOCK FOR ME. 

I AM 60 YEARS OLD, 6' TALL, 225 LBS, AND WEAR A SIZE 10 FOOTLOY GOLF SHOE

MY LEGS GET TIRED TOWARDS THE END OF A ROUND

NEED SOME ADVICE ON THESE.  THANKS

•  

I am a HUGE fan of the ProDry Extreme. A great feeling sock woth lots of padding in the sole.

Like an old advert once said "try 'em you'll love 'em"

•  

The ProDry Extreme is one of the best socks going, but I'm not sure that any sock will solve your problem. What is happening is that you are not getting enough support and may have to go to some type of support hose.There may also be a simpler answer and that is walking every day for at least a mile and a half. The exercise that we get on the course does not adequately exercise the leg muscles and the heart muscle as you walk a little, stop, hit the ball and walk again. By walking at a steady pace for the above distance, you are getting some cardio and working the muscles in the legs so that they become accustomed to walking distances that we encounter on the course. It's also good for the heart. Ask your doctor and he will tell you that continuous exercise is the best way to go.

•  

I am a big fan of the TechSof Sport. Only sock I will now wear for both golf and the gym. They are amazing and really perform.

•  

Hey Bruce... Our buddy 19 hits it on the screws here my friend. The ProDry Extreme is a great sock and the only one I wear when I play. I have them in long for when I wear trousers and the no shows for when I wear shorts. Try 'em, you'll be very happy you did!

•  

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE.  RECENTLY JOINED A WELLNESS CENTER AND AM USING THE TREADMILL FOR 2-3 MILES OF WALKING EACH SESSION.....3-4 TIMES PER WEEK

•  

Harvard Men's Health Watch, "If you walk 18 holes three to five times a week, you'll get an optimal amount of endurance exercise for your heart. If you pull your clubs or carry them, you'll burn more calories per round, and benefit even more."

If you walk 18 it is good excercise. Of course carring extra weight makes it tuff. Sometimes it can be just a case of getting old

• 1782 points

It definitely does.  I used to wear the standard ComfortSof roll-tops but they used to wear out so fast.  It seems like the dryer would melt them.  My feet would hurt bad after walking 18 holes.  One day I forgot my socks and had to buy a pair at the course.  I got the ProDry extremes and my feet were great after the round!  The next week I went and bought 10 pairs!  They are the best.  

You may want to try the TechSof as it seems they have some features you may like: http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=271 

Good luck!

•  

Socks really make a difference....Look good feel good. can be a fashion statement too...

What kind of socks does IJP wear... do they match?

See below of some new looks for the icons :

•  

techsof or prodry for me

•  

Hahnes?????????

•  

I wear the techSof. I need to try the ProDry Extreme's out,

•  

Love the colors ! Excellent choices ...

• 3627 points

mizunogirl

Socks really make a difference....Look good feel good. can be a fashion statement too...

What kind of socks does IJP wear... do they match?

See below of some new looks for the icons :

I love the multi-color socks with the colorful shoes! Cool look!

• 3627 points

Socks make a HUGE difference for me. Nothing better than a brand new pair of socks in a pair of FJ's!