Golf specific socks or everyday socks?

Golf specific socks or everyday socks?

•  

When we got those socks from FJ for achieving Ambassador level, they were my third pair of golf  specific socks . The other 2 pairs were from a competitor, purchased before becoming closely associated with FJ. FJ's socks have the others beat hands down. Will be buying more FJ socks in near future and they will be used strickly for golf.

•  

OUTIGER

I have a low and High sock drawer. And I do have specific golf socks.

Plus the pairs I keep in my golf storage in the truck for those "meetings" I attend on some sunny afternoons.

Heaven forbid you should be caught short without the proper attire for those important meetings. I  though I was the only one who did that when I was wokring. Nice to know there are others out there just as well prepared as I used to be.

•  

i use any sock i can find except a no show sock not for golf

•  

For everyday wear I use socks from walmart but for golf I use FootJoy golf socks.

•  

For the most part I have socks for golf and socks for work.

I know this will be a shocker, but my work socks have interesting colors and patterns that match shirts or sweaters. Plus a Brooks Brothers or J Crew sock does not offer the same support as my FJ socks, in either the no show or the trouser length.

•  

I wear my FJ socks all the time..I stock pile them b/c they are comfortable...really like wearing the Tech Sof crew and Pro Dry lightweight crew to work with dress shoes..really comfortable and FJ should market that aspect as well b/c dress shoes are tough to wear everyday

•  

Wearing 3/4   socks for work every day, I go more for a high regular dress sock for golf.  I NEVER play in shorts, (work related phobia), so it's long pants on the course.   Even in Florida in August, linen long pants. 

Deno

•  

I wear Dockers socks to school, but I wear either FJ, Under Armour, or KENTWOOL socks for golf.

•  

I've changed over the years.  Originally, golf socks were just good crew socks (worn with long pants as I rarely wore shorts to play in those days).  Now, I have golf socks (that sometimes double for everyday wear with cross-trainers).  The majority are no shows or low cuts (not FootJoy), but I do have two pairs each of white and navy crew-length FJ socks.  The white are the foot-specific ones, the blue were seconds bought at a golf show with a pair of DryJoys on closeout.  Playing five days a week, I go though a lot of socks for golf, so i've got a bunch.  No separate golf sock drawer, however.  Hey, Deno and others, what's work?

•  

I don't have any golf socks, but I might try some FJ socks out (as I said in another post in the Socks forum). I usuall wear Gold Toe or Polo socks for everything, even for basketball and running. I do also have some NIKE LIVESTRONG socks that I wear because of their sporty look (and because they are my only ankle socks).

• 1550 points

I wear the same FJ low cuts all the time.  They are high tough to cut off the wear from golf shoes and when I am running.

•  

Deno

Wearing 3/4   socks for work every day, I go more for a high regular dress sock for golf.  I NEVER play in shorts, (work related phobia), so it's long pants on the course.   Even in Florida in August, linen long pants. 

Deno

I am just rrying to figure out what you are talking about when you refer to WORK. Is that an acronym for some company?  Just kidding of course, but when you get to my stage of the game, shorts are the accepted dress wear on the course in my group. However, if I am in a tournament I will wear long pants if, and I say if, the code of dress requires it.

•  

I  have 4 pairs of FJ socks and they only are put on right before a FJ shoe goes on!

•  
    I have noticed the amount of cushion (or lack of) is what I focus on regardless of what activity the sock is designed for...JAT
  •  

I don't.  I have used N*** and U**** A**** socks because that is what I have in my drawer for everyday (just white low cut).

Haven't tried the FJ ones but I'd be willing to test a pair and write a review!