Forums

ProDry Extreme vs. TechSof

•  

In the last week, I decided to get a pair of each of these, so I figured what better way to spend the weekend than putting them head to head!  I went for the ProDry Extreme Saturday and the TechSof on Sunday, both with a pair of all white Classics Dry Premier.  As I just got them, I AM a little curious to see how each holds up over time.

Both are extremely comforatble right from the get-go and offer great support and a good amount of cusioning.  I'd say the PDE feels just a bit thicker than the TechSof.  Both socks do a nice job keeping the feet feeling dry, or at least not too sweat soaked - it was 85 yesterday and 94 today here in Columbus, and probably about 90-100% humidity, so both did a nice job in this regard.

To that end, the TechSof DID seem to keep my feet a little cooler feeling - I think it's largely because of the light mesh top of the sock and the fact that they seem to be just a touch thinner overall.  After walking 18 in each, the TechSof will definately be my main sock of choice, with the ProDry Extreme kept in there when it cools off a litte in the fall.  Hope you found this useful!

•  

Welch222

In the last week, I decided to get a pair of each of these, so I figured what better way to spend the weekend than putting them head to head!  I went for the ProDry Extreme Saturday and the TechSof on Sunday, both with a pair of all white Classics Dry Premier.  As I just got them, I AM a little curious to see how each holds up over time.

Both are extremely comforatble right from the get-go and offer great support and a good amount of cusioning.  I'd say the PDE feels just a bit thicker than the TechSof.  Both socks do a nice job keeping the feet feeling dry, or at least not too sweat soaked - it was 85 yesterday and 94 today here in Columbus, and probably about 90-100% humidity, so both did a nice job in this regard.

To that end, the TechSof DID seem to keep my feet a little cooler feeling - I think it's largely because of the light mesh top of the sock and the fact that they seem to be just a touch thinner overall.  After walking 18 in each, the TechSof will definately be my main sock of choice, with the ProDry Extreme kept in there when it cools off a litte in the fall.  Hope you found this useful!

I would have to say the TechSof is cooler because it is thinner.  I have both pairs of these, I use them interchangeably and find that both socks offer extreme comfort and they both do a great job keeping your feet "comfortable" when they sweat.  I do not have a problem with these socks slipping downward on the heel like I do a lot of other similar products.  I have quickly revamped my golf shoe sock collection with mainly FJ because of the fact they do not slip.

•  

I guess I could go and check, but are both of these available with the roll top or tab?

•  

Thanks for the review. This is exactly why we have these forums!

•  

I appreciate the review.  I am going to have to see if I can find some of the new TecSof socks.  We don't have any in the shop and I have yet to go to Golfsmith.  I might have to head over there after I am finished playing later.

Tim

•  

I have only used the Extreme's....and not seen the Techsof's so I will keep my eyes open after such a favorable review.

Thanks!

•  

tim6918

I appreciate the review.  I am going to have to see if I can find some of the new TecSof socks.  We don't have any in the shop and I have yet to go to Golfsmith.  I might have to head over there after I am finished playing later.

Tim

+1

• 3627 points

Do they still offer the extremes? 

• 542 points

Thanks for sharing.  Good to know since I have never tried the ProDry extremes